Do you love what you do? If that’s the case then we’re looking for you! We want to hear from Account Directors with a truly entrepreneurial spirit for this exciting position at one of SA’s finest ad agency’s Cape Town offices. We’re looking for smart, strategic, confident ADs who have through-the-line experience to work on a fantastic alcohol account. If you are a brave, bright, optimistic problem solver with big agency experience, we’d love to meet you!
- Build relationships of trust, respect and partnership within the agency culture that allows people to be and do their best, as well as be responsible for managing and growing the core skills of your junior team members
- Ensure client has full trust and confidence in you to lead projects, take briefs and manager client presentations without senior involvement. You are able to identify opportunities to build on and grow the client relationship – You are able to surprise and delight beyond the day-to-day.
- You are responsible for ensuring the brand team charges for work correctly and ensure the necessary “checks and balances” are in place to drive seamless financial administration of the account. You can also confidently do first drafts of fee proposals and have a very clear understanding of how the agency makes money.
- You have a trusted relationship with your creative, strategy and production teams and are able to conduct creative meetings and assess and push the work against the clarity of a well written brief. You continuously ensure that there is consistent brand alignment in all the work produced.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- 5+ years of experience in the account management function in a big advertising agency – preferable
- Experienced in working with senior clients across multiple stakeholders
- Relationship builder: A natural leader with fantastic people skills – both within the agency environment and when dealing with client
- Good knowledge of media landscape (Traditional & Digital)
- A natural leader with fantastic people skills – both within the agency environment and when dealing with client
- Passion for creativity: fights for brilliant creative work and actively seeks to drive enviable creative solutions and opportunities on every brief
- Connector of dots: someone who can work across a complex client business and drive cohesion by bringing the right people together to solve problems quickly
- Operational smarts: ability to get work out in an efficient and effective manner
- Passionate about admin and details: pays attention to the details and worries about the little things
- Strong organisation, admin and time management skills
- Drives positivity: is energetic with a go-getter attitude and injects this into the team.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1371