Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Account Manager at a renowned and awarded integrated ad agency’s Johannesburg office. The successful candidate will be required to efficiently and effectively manage Client accounts and all facets of Client Service along with the delivery of Agency services. Read on to see the role’s responsibilities…
Day to day:
- Day-to-day project management of all projects allocated to you on one or more accounts, from conceptualization through to production.
- Manage budget and be accountable for profit on all projects
- Strengthen the relationship and profile of Account Management with all departments in the Agency
- Support Account Directors and guide Junior Account Executives
- Assist with New Business activities as and when required
- Control creative output, schedules, cost estimates and financial control of production processes
- Take responsibility for managing internal and client status meetings
- Ensure appropriate sign-off on all required documentation
- Ensure understanding of the effect of a job on the client’s bottom line (ROI)
- Ensure delivery of exceptional creative solutions
- Assist in all relevant support activities – Boardroom bookings; relevant catering; equipment requirements; agenda; status reports; filing; scheduling of meetings
- Have a clear understanding of the client’s operational requirements and deliver briefs to agreed plans
- Continuously provide updated information regarding status of work, while managing the client’s expectations, timing and output expectations with both agency and client.
- Raise, develop and exploit opportunities for business development with existing and potential clients
- Control information gathered about the Client through accurate contact reporting, clear project documentation on costs, copy and artwork instructions
- Ensure Client and Agency is kept up to date with any developments on the account via attendance at relevant meetings, regular reviews
- Track Client’s and project profitability where appropriate
- Manage the invoicing and financial administration within the team.
- Train the AE and support Account Management and the Finance department with regards to Financial Reporting.
- Assist in the development of the Agency’s relationship with the Client from Advertising supplier to Marketing Communication supplier to Brand Leader
- Ensure understanding of the relevant client contract and relevant legal/regulatory guidelines
- Ensure successful delivery of all client briefs on time and within budget
- Deliver the best solutions to your client and maximizing profit for your client and the agency
- Ensure invoicing and financial administration of the highest standards to ensure timeous collection of income for the agency
- Provide monthly forecasts and income reports to your team associates
- Drive the ethics of cost control and income growth all the way through your team
- To monitor all billings procedures carried out by Account team and alert Account
- Management Director promptly to any likely changes to billing and Income or any potential write-offs
- Manage Client and project profitability
- Ensure that any relevant intelligence is shared with ream members for learning across the Agency
- Work with the team to ensure the above by prioritizing, delegating and managing each of the projects in hand and to ensure regular reviews with clients
- Assist with collaboration across all disciplines in the Agency
- Set objectives, provide feedback and manage reviews
- Create clear development plans for yourself and support the development of the team’s skill pool
- To receive coaching and mentorship in order to develop skills required to be an effective mentor and coach in the future
- Adhere to company performance and behaviour expectations, e.g. timekeeping, timeous completion of time-sheets, Company Policies and Procedures, etc.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant 3-5 year tertiary qualification
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
- The ability to write comprehensive and insightful briefs
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1373