Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A wonderful opportunity has opened up for a self-motivated (junior to mid-weight) Account Manager at a full service below-the-line agency’s Johannesburg office. The Account Manager is responsible for taking client campaigns from concept development into execution and ultimate conclusion in style. We’re looking for someone energetic to ‘project manage’ accounts by effectively working alongside the client service team. The ideal candidate is easily able to demonstrate a high level of responsibility and take ownership of their fabulous campaigns so as to produce professional, effective and creative campaign plans and/or solutions. In this role you will be responsible for multiple campaigns and activations so an ability to multitask and work well under pressure is key. Super opportunity to work on some really exciting campaigns!
- Deliver the required work on time, the first time, to ensure the highest possible levels of quality, excellence and service
- Write accurate, insightful and single-minded briefs
- Manage the workflow within your team & ensures deadlines are met
- Solve problems that occur, and escalate issues that cannot be resolved to manager.
- Show enthusiasm for the client’s business.
- Is courteous and helpful at all times.
- Present a professional outlook in dress and mannerisms
- Participate in brainstorming sessions in order to accurately understand client briefs
- Contribute to creative concept development and pre/post research (where required)
- Produce budgets in line with approved brief response, as provided by New Business department
- Manage full campaign budgets and reconciliations, including invoices being raised according to financing practice
- Follow up with Finance department to ensure payment is received according to terms
- Ensure that the Production team has a sound understanding of the campaign
- Follow up with the Production team on the management of their suppliers
- Work with the Production team to produce project plan & schedule
- Manage all client service suppliers (digital, creative, staffing, PR) related to a campaign
- Ensure effective briefing, cost procurement, prototyping/sample
- Manage delivery within required deadlines
- Research available suppliers and services in order to update supplier database on an on-going basis
- Conduct thorough post campaign analysis
- Produce debrief document with results and implementable key learning’s and recommendations that improves the offering
- Hold status meetings and send emails to client according to agreed schedule recording notes and actions accurately, communicating with them WITHIN 24 hours post meeting
- Maintain professionalism of written communications to client by thoroughly checking grammar and spelling, and correcting mistakes
- Live Campaign Management
- Co-ordinate and supervise all resources & staff involved and troubleshoot prior to consulting your department head
- Live Reporting
- Agreed measures to be provided timeously to client
- Where Ad Hoc, internal reporting measures to be implemented
- NB – Initiative to be shown to perfect delivery and meet objectives
- Demonstrate interest in areas of personal interest to the client outside of work
- Remain up-to-date with any local or international coverage given to the client or related brands, and feedback timeously
- Identify and pursue up-selling opportunities for
- Recommend additional areas of business to the client where appropriate
- Report opportunities through WOM or client information to New Business team ASAP
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3 years’ work experience as an Event Manager or other client service role – Preferable
- Live events experience – Preferable
- Proficiency in required software, including Windows applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Able to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programmes at a highly proficient level
- Budgeting and reconciliation experience
- Professional business writing skills
- Accurate typing skills
- Drivers’ license and own transport
- Prepared to travel occasionally
- Able to work well under pressure with other people and resources
- Intuitive, flexible, motivated and willing to go the extra mile
- Able to influence others (non-direct reports) to perform
- Ability to work productively in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills for self
- Attention to detail
- A sense of urgency: ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Creativity – Develops new ideas and unique and novel solutions to problems.
- Flexibility – Recognises and responds to unanticipated events and requirements. Willing to do what is necessary to get the desired results
- Initiative – Actively seeks opportunities to make a contribution. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for; originates action.
- Interpersonal Skills -Establishes productive, cooperative relationships with subordinates, peers and management. Understands and responds to others’ needs and priorities. Resolves conflict in positive ways.
- Able to demonstrate ability to gain client trust.
- Job Motivation – Maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities.
- A record of being a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Excellent and proactive client service
- Able to maintain a high level of energy and concentration.
- Able to effectively multi-task projects with tight deadlines whilst simultaneously managing people and suppliers.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1194