Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A world-famous ad agency’s Cape Town office is has a fabulous job opportunity for a strong Account Manager to work closely with two of the agency’s largest growth clients. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on dynamic local and international portfolios with one of the most strategic and creative teams in South Africa. Super opportunity, don’t miss it!
- Project Autonomy in a Lead Agency Model.
- Day to day client relationship autonomy and client management as required.
- Problem solver Vs. Problem Informer.
- Support & collaboration with the Account Director as required.
- Internal Team collaboration and leadership as required.
- Team skills development & skills transfer as required.
- Creative process champion / optimising team co-ordination for great delivery and execution.
- Agency resource efficiency & profitability management as required.
- Financial skill and experience covering: Client Billings (billings vs. revenue); Client WIP management; Debtor’s management.
- While we want someone who is efficient, they also need to pay attention to all the details and ensure all they dot the I’s and cross the T’s. They should do things once and do them right. This requires a strong sense of pride in their work and ensuring that all output goes through rigorous quality control. Organisation is key on these portfolios.
- As a project lead, this person must be able to step back and understand the bigger picture and how all the various components of a project affect one another instead of looking at channels in isolation.
- Identify the urgent & important tasks and priorities to ensure delivery to client and other stakeholders.
- Build relationships both internally and externally. As the point of contact between agency team members, client and partners, this person would need to have strong leadership qualities.
- Think on their feet and come up with quick solutions to every day problems. They should see all problems as a challenge for them to overcome
- Manage client expectation on quality, cost & timing. The clients in this portfolio have a very strict process in terms of timings and this process has to be managed carefully.
- Take on full internal and campaign financial ownership. This includes but is not limited to management of invoices, POs, and project budgets including job reconciliations
- Drives best-in-class creative work. This means creating an environment where ideas can flourish by briefing creatives in an exciting and inspiring way as well as backing the creative work from the team.
- Portfolios have a strong focus on brand strategy and it is critical to ensure understanding of the strategy and ensuring that this is integrated into the creative output.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the Account Management function
- Experience in working with senior clients across multiple portfolios
- Experience within a lead agency model
- Experience within the FMCG sector
- Strong Digital understanding
- Experience managing people
- Excellent communication skills
- Complete understanding of Chase Software
- Complete understanding of Microsoft Office package
- A positive team member who keeps the team motivated. Demonstrates understanding of the importance of agency morale and a healthy happy culture
- Operational Efficiency – someone who can spread themselves across multiple tasks simultaneously by working smartly, efficiently and effectively
- Meticulous and organised
- Bigger Picture Mentality
- Time Management skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Solutions Driven
- Delivery Accountability on Projects
- Financial Acumen
- Passion for Creativity
- Strategic Mindset
- Custodian of Process.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1379