Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
The Johannesburg office of an awesome, award-winning agency is looking for an experienced, mid-weight Account Manager to join their Client Service team. The Account Manager is responsible for assisting and ensuring that all aspects of the agency’s delivery to a client run smoothly and are managed effectively in order to deliver on campaigns. Responsible for driving the implementation of advertising campaigns and achieving results for clients as agreed with the Business Unit Director. The Account Manager reports directly to the Business Unit Director, providing updates and planning with regards to client campaigns. The successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity of working on a fantastic alcohol brand. Global alcohol brand experience is a distinct advantage. We’re looking for someone dedicated to the industry, with a passion for exceptional client service delivery. Super opportunity!
- Contribute to the smooth running of the account on a day to day level.
- Establish and maintain a productive communication channel between the client and the agency, maintaining and growing excellent client relationships.
- Continue to invest in growing knowledge of your clients’ business and industries in which they operate.
- Take ownership of specific parts of campaigns, as agreed with manager, and participate in future planning.
- Produce good quality written work on time, including client correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Assist with preparing and delivering presentations to clients as and when required.
- Provide day-to-day management of client campaigns and be regarded as the first point of contact for clients, inspiring their loyalty and trust.
- Remain accountable from start to finish ensuring that follow-through and accountability is achieved and maintained at all times.
- Ensure a smooth and timeous workflow of activities directed at the client, effectively managing timing plans.
- Engage with clients in order to formulate clear and achievable briefs and action plans.
- Draw together all relevant market, industry and business information in preparation of all agency briefs.
- Work with Business Unit Director to set annual review KPIs and take responsibility for your development as an advertising professional.
- Actively manage own performance and career.
- Manage junior team members, focussing on motivation, training and knowledge-sharing.
- Actively manage and supervise account executives on a day-to-day basis to ensure service levels and client deliverables are consistently met.
- Ensure effective communication internally to full team.
- Ensure all finance administration – cost estimates, invoices, purchase orders and billings – are accurate and completed on time.
- Report on administration of financial issues to the Business Unit Director regularly to ensure smooth flow of information and accurate billings.
- Manage your own time efficiently with respect to campaigns, prioritise tasks and manage the achievement of your personal and client objectives.
- Keep manager informed of work load issues and liaise effectively with other members of your team.
- Complete timesheets accurately and on time.
- Take responsibility for client admin reports – budget updates / recons, monthly billings reports etc.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Matric – essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification (marketing and communications) – essential
- Global brand experience – an advantage
- Worked on a global alcohol brand – preferable
- 3+ years’ client service and agency experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite (incl. Mail, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) – essential
- Alcohol experience – beer an advantage
- Diverse and excellent writing skills
- Enthusiastic / confident / professional / diplomatic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Team player with initiative
- Presentation skills
- Ability to cope with pressure, work to tight deadlines and handle diverse activities
- Reliable, organised and attention to detail
- Passion for client delivery and service
- Organisation and administration skills essential
- Accountable with good follow-through
- Commercial awareness
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport – essential.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1366