A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a supremely organised, take-charge individual to take on the role of Agency Planning/Head of Traffic/Operations Manager at a leading retailer’s Cape Town head office. This is a senior contract position for someone dynamic who is able to translate high-level Marketing plans into agency specific critical paths. You’ll be called upon to ensure daily resolution at Management level to establish priorities in terms of deliverables. The successful candidate will be overseeing teams of Traffic Managers across all agency departments. In this role you’ll be accountable for establishing and leading an integrated Project Management office to manage, track and ensure delivery to plan across all agency TTL portfolios. You will drive efficiency through process adherence (including the review and sign-off of briefs) to ensure that integrated briefs result in the delivery of exceptional, 360 brand communications. You will manage and continuously improve the integrated marketing planning and critical path tracking process – to enable a single, accurate view of the status across all jobs in agency. This exciting opportunity requires a heavyweight Traffic/Ops/Project Manager who is a adept at handling Integrated High-level programme management, detailed critical path management, stakeholder relationship management and excellent as a team leader. Are you ready to take up the challenge?
- Partnering with the Marketing Managers to develop and understand the high-level Marketing Plan and the integration requirements across various retail departments
- Understand the key strategic business drivers that inform the Marketing Plan (especially related to Merchandise Cycle).
- Able to translate a High-Level Marketing Plan into an Agency-specific High Level Critical Path – ensuring end to end view across seasons
- Highlight points of conflicting timelines and competing initiatives that compromise Agency ability to deliver to plan
- Liaising with Marketing Managers to establish priorities in allocating creative resources
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of the Agency component of a detailed seasonal critical path
- Working with Head of Production on weekly Critical Path status updates
- Facilitating updates with key integration partners to effectively manage issues/timelines.
- Facilitating weekly catch-up meetings with Creative Heads for overview of work schedules & capacity issues.
- Escalating any resource issues to Creative Heads as well as Production.
- As key member of the Production Management team, ensuring the maintenance of teamwork within Agency and across the wider Marketing floor.
- Facilitate weekly status meetings with relevant traffic managers and creative heads
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- 8 – 10 years’ relevant experience
- Strong Traffic & Project Management Experience
- Leadership experience – up to 5 years line management experience
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy into plans and deliverables
- Experience in an ad agency environment
- Great communication skills
- Financial/business acumen – highly advantageous
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1826