We are on the hunt for an all rounder and “get it done” attitude account manager/director. The position will involve mainly client service and account management liaising with clients on campaigns and month-to-month work but as a small agency the role entails work and experience across the agency. The candidate will need to have experience in below-the-line marketing and campaigns including Social Media and Public Relations.
We are looking for passion, creativity and discipline. As a small agency account teams (managers and directors) work on a variety of the elements from strategy, creative, execution and planning including production and client management.
The role entails a solid understanding of the media landscape, social media, influencers in SA, event/activations and the South African audiences.
The candidate will work on creative PR and digital (and social) solutions for brand briefs bringing together the various elements in the amplification mix into integrated and creative campaigns. They will be required to lead teams on managing communities on social media, content creation as well as analyze the performance to optimize the execution of the plans.
The candidate will need the experience and confidence to manage clients, build long-term relationships as well as manage supplier meetings, budgets and reports. They will have the support of the wider team, both senior and junior levels, across strategy, creative and execution of work.
We have a busy and highly energetic environment so candidates need to be able to work in an open, creative and vibrant space. We are a work-politics free zone and focus only as a team on creating great work.
- Professionally manage client communication
- Set up and attend client meetings, take briefs and revert on briefs
- Debrief the creative and strategy teams on client briefs and lead the process towards presenting solutions
- Create and manage budgets including recons
- Briefing production team and suppliers on elements requires
- Planning events/activations together with the production team
- Reporting to clients on a weekly and monthly basis
- Work on PR and social media projects, liaising with media or influencers and seeking sponsorship or editorial opportunities
- Brief and manage designers on any design work required
- Bring energy and spunk to the room on a daily basis