Are you a BIG data analyst and guru? We have a superb opportunity for you! An opening for a mid-weight Analytics & Insights Manager has become available at a leading South African tech company’s Cape Town office. You must be steeped in Quant data and insights and also be au fait with Google Analytics to be the right person for this role. You’ll be responsible for leading the MIS team in going beyond the “data dump” approach of the past by consolidating the multiple sources of big data available into actionable insights that guide the PSM (Product, Sales and Marketing) strategy and highlight the risks and opportunities. You’ll work with sources of data including; stand-alone reports, auto-generated reports, Google Analytics data, call data from all dialers, SMS leads and ad hoc reports.
- Use all available sources of data to highlight risks and opportunities to achieve PSM growth metrics
- Provide insights that identify changing trends in customer behaviours that would influence business performance
- Uncover new behaviour based trends that guide product development and marketing campaigns
- Within the sales fulfillment process, provide conversion process insights that aim to reduce the time it takes to convert. Specifically, Fibre and LTE: Provide these insights, so that they can be used to identify areas of risk with Infrastructure provider partners
- Provide by sales channel and product usage trends and behaviours that guide sales and product strategy
- Using multiple data sources available, identify key points in the customers life cycle that could result in downgrades or churn and work together with marketing to create campaigns or communication that change behaviours at key moments in time
- Using the GA (Google Analytics) data available and performance data, provide online customer journey behaviour insights that guide the online sales journey, including acquisition and up-sell.
- Work together with both Marketing and the Online Channel
- Manager to deliver online shopping structures that are based on insights
- Using the call data and GA data, provide purchase insights that assist the Marketing team to guide the media strategy
- On a varied basis, complete advanced analysis that provides the PSM team with clear insights that address ad hoc and specific business concerns
- Together with BI create a culture of self service and big data driven decision making, including the visualisation of reporting, that can drive business growth
- People management – manage a team of 2 Data Analysts to deliver daily operational requirements and to support this role in the conversion of this data into insights
- Support the Marketing Manager and General Manager of PSM to develop a high performing, data driven culture within PSM.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Business Science Degree with any of the following: Marketing Research, Maths, Stats, Economics
- At least 5 years mid to heavy-weight Data Analysis, Analytics, Data Science, Market Research and Insight generation experience. This could be within a research or consultancy based organisation
- Must have Google Analytics experience
- Experience in a big data reporting package a requirement (Cognos 11 experience – a significant advantage_
- Excel proficiency at an advanced level
- SOLID business system experience – a significant advantage
- Able to demonstrate strong verbal and written skills
- Experience in Telecoms, Internet or Tech related industry preferable
- Highly analytical thinker who demonstrates the ability to work across large and complex data sets to deliver key insights from these multiple sources of data
- Highly numerate, with strong ability to draw conclusions and develop recommendations
- Able to demonstrate the ability to interpret these different primary data sources, add any available secondary data and create one cohesive insights driven story
- Able to demonstrate the ability to convey these insights gained in a clear and simple way to senior stakeholders via written and verbal communication.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Proactive thinking abilities to convey information in different ways to different stakeholders to drive business value across the entire business
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple deliverables and timelines all at once.
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team of data analysts including creating structure and responsibility across the team
- Someone who can challenge the status quo with the view to improving the environment and value to the business
- A collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work cross functionally with BI teams and to build strong relationships with this team
- High tolerance for change and working within a fast-paced environment
- Able to take initiative and work independently to deliver
- Hard working ethic with action orientation
- Quick learner
- Strong problem solving and process thinking ability
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2707