INJOZI is looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for assisting the Frontend Developer in integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Dependant on a specific project)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language (Depending on the specific case, should have the knowledge of one or more of: PHP, Java, Python, C#, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebase, Node.JS, Express.js. .NET, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles (Information Security)
- 3+ years experience working as a backend web developer
(Advantages: Experience within a digital marketing and advertising environment).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other technical discipline
(or equivalent working experience).
- Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and restrictions
- Excellent concept design ability for web
- Good analytical and business-analysis skills
- Basic understanding of project-management disciplines
- Basic understanding of Business Change Lifecycle methodology
- Working knowledge of programming languages, business modelling tools
- Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
- RESTful Principles and API Development essential
- Consuming third-party APIs (e.g. Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Deployment of websites and web apps using FTP
- Implementing a CMS for a website or web app
- Flexibility and understanding of a brief provided by Production and applying and implementing sound and well executed solutions accordingly.
- Understand caching and key-value stores, queuing systems, search engines etc.
- Soft skills are imperative. Strong communication is vital in assisting to bridge information gaps between the front-end and back-end, to build a product they will be proud of, and develop a sound and functional product for the Client.
- A tireless quest for new knowledge and of course, an open mind toward fresh ideas
- Basic Experience with Vue, React or Angular
- Basic Dev Ops
- Docker Experience
- GraphQL Experience
A practical test will be given to all shortlisted candidates.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within four (4) weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Salary: R30 - 40 000