We are on the lookout for a mid-weight Bilingual Proofreader (who is a real stickler for detail) to join a busy advertising agency working on a large South Africa retailer in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be fluent in English and Afrikaans with previous experience proofreading/editing at an ad agency, in-house agency or magazine environment. Along with the requisite checking of spelling, grammar and sentence structure etc. you will also be responsible for checking that product details, pricing (and the like) are correct. Super opportunity at a fantastic agency. Get in touch!
- Proofreading and editing of all material as required on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that copy is in line with the style sheet of the particular brand that you are working on
- Checking that product details and pricing are correct
- Translation of copy from English to Afrikaans and vice versa where required
- The final sign-off of proofs before it goes to print.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary qualification majoring in English/Afrikaans
- Experience as a proofreader in both English & Afrikaans
- Ad agency/in-house agency/magazine experience
- Experience in editing and translating from English into Afrikaans and vice versa
- Superb language skills
- Proficient on InDesign
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Hardworking – no 9-to-5 attitude
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be a good communicator.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam261