Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Got that finger of yours on the pulse? Good, because the person we’re looking for knows what’s hip and happening. Is it you? If you’re a trendy, music-mad, art-aware, sport and dance-loving pop culture aficionado it most certainly could be! We’re on the hunt for someone mid-weight to take on the role of Brand Manager at an extremely funky, global FMCG beverage brand’s HQ in Cape Town. The Brand Specialist works closely with the Brand Manager on understanding and gathering consumer insights and market research, specifically what drives top of mind awareness, brand salience and per capita consumption. They run the day-to-day “brand operations” in the fields of research, advertising, branding, new products and packaging initiatives and brand projects. Together with the Brand Manager, they are the “guardians of the brand”. The role encompasses consumer insights and market research, brand management, advertising and creative, products and packaging innovation and business planning and budgeting. The ideal candidate for this dynamic role is someone who can live and breathe the brand’s well-developed culture. If you have lived and worked in Johannesburg and are looking to relocate to Cape Town, even better. The only question left is, ‘are you ready to do great things?’ Get in touch!
- Supports the Brand Manager with turning data into compelling insights which are actionable and relevant, and ensures these insights are addressed through adequate ideas and plans. When focusing on the younger segment of the target group, monitors the consumer’s perception about brand and products in social media.
- Contributes the “brand part” of projects of Marketing peers as well as on/off premise and trade Marketing.
- Builds new cross-functional tools, such as sales/marketing programs or trade marketing.
- Works closely with the Brand Manager and all other country marketing specialists and International HQ specialists to share learnings, best practices, to align plans, share latest updates and insights.
- Instigates and participates in creative sessions to develop tactics and assess best practice case studies.
- Always has the “consumer” and “brand” eye in every single project and ensures we talk to the consumer in the most effective and efficient way, with a strong focus on digital and social media, while ensuring that all the communication stays within the brand equity.
- Supports the Brand Manager in creating branding and through the line communication for specific marketing projects in strong collaboration with the respective marketing functions.
- Supports the development and implementation of the ideal advertising plan ensuring international and local learnings and the right country-specific level of digital and social components, and always with international best practices in mind.
- Works closely with the Digital Team to amplify the impact of advertising on own, earned and paid media channels.
- Supports the Brand Manager with controlling creative and media agencies to ensure correct contractual set-up and strong working relationships to deliver world class creative output.
- Supports the Brand Manager with managing the media agency with prudence, to ensure a best possible value-for-money advertising plan. Annually reviews media planning and buying with the agency and international together with the Brand Manager.
- Delivers solid product launches together with sales, finance and other marketing functions and acts as the key contact for the brand’s HQ.
- Understand which packaging solution addresses country specific needs, as well as lead and/or manage the launch proposal.
- Collect all learnings to share locally and with International HQ.
- Supports the marketing team in developing and implementing the annual business plan.
- Prepares, together with the marketing team, the annual plan and financial budgets/P&L in cooperation with the marketing and sales team.
- Ensures proper project and budget tracking and stays within the agreed budget.
- Achievement of agreed individual annual objectives
- Delivers the brand part of the business plan
- Sustains or strengthens the brand part of the trial and awareness study; past 4 week/12-month consumption, TOM awareness and brand salience
- Successful execution of product and packaging launches
- Builds a strong, transparent, trusty partnership and cooperation with management and personnel
- Strengthens agency service & client/agency relationships
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree
- FMCG Brand Marketing skills, knowledge and experience
- Digital media experience – important
- Clear understanding of competitor activity and consumer behaviour in a Brand and FMCG context
- Able to generate consumer insights and translate them in to successful Brand initiatives
- Implements the business strategy successfully, while managing associated changes and people processes
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen to understand financial statements and market trends
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High standard of integrity with a passion for the brand and commitment to the brand’s values
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning and application of appropriate ‘best practices’
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results
- Able to travel to Johannesburg monthly
- Fluent in English
- Zulu or Xhosa – advantageous
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2644