Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
This terrific opportunity for a mid-weight Brand Manager is at a well-regarded, highly professional Tertiary College in Cape Town with a reputation for excellence, and great expansion plans into other regions of South Africa. The College offers qualifications in the fields of psychology, counselling and coaching and affords the successful candidate a super chance to really sink their teeth into meaningful communications. In this role you will be responsible for translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies. We’re looking for someone who can implement and take ownership of the Brand Strategy and Marketing Plan. Is it you?
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Implement brand strategy and marketing plan taking ownership of the brand’s performance.
- Lead creative development process.
- Manage brand budgets including monthly forecasting.
- Manage and maintain company website.
- Measure and report performance on marketing campaigns.
- Monitor market trends and competitor activity identifying opportunities and key issues.
- Manage social media content from a brand perspective – make sure it aligns to brand values.
- Manage the production of marketing materials and literature.
- Manage all marketing events, new product launches and exhibitions as required.
- Manage and build relationships with agencies and suppliers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing.
- 3 years’ experience in a Brand Manager role / agency.
- Ability to work alongside Marketing Director in the development and implementation of brand and communication strategies.
- Personable, presentable and articulate.
- Drive for results and leadership skills.
- Effective Event and Project Management skills.
- Excellent understanding of Marketing principles (full Marketing mix) including Digital Marketing (Social Media, SEO,PPC, Online analytics).
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Deadline driven with advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2621