Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up at a specialist financial services company’s Cape Town office for a Mid-Senior Brand Manager. This highly regarded company offers convenient connections to loans and insurance and has an impressive legacy that continues to see growth. In this exciting role you will partner with business to plan, develop and implement integrated, strategically aligned marketing, communication and brand management programs that allow for efficient conceptualisation, planning and delivery of marketing, PR, communications and brand strategies. You will draw on rigorous market research, thorough analysis of customer insights and engagement and provide branding direction and specialist advice to stakeholders. In addition, the successful candidate will act as the media spokesperson for the Brand and will be responsible overall for enticing, acquiring and retaining customers. Super opportunity!
- Delivery against operational and cost targets and escalation of potential risks which may lead to increased costs.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SMEs, project managers and senior staff members.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Integrate and implement brand specific marketing and communication through correct position of brand and management of service providers in order to increase competitive value.
- Development, implementation and communication of aligned brand positioning and competitive value propositions throughout the business.
- Ensuring a collaborative network across business segments in order to achieve business objectives.
- Monitoring of changes in laws, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices, drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Comply with audit requirements.
- Manage SLA’s with internal and external service providers.
- Investigate, create and manage effective media relations opportunities in order to enhance the brand’s reputation. Provide optimum positioning in relevant markets.
- Translate strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant projects/initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress.
- Development of a marketing management capability that allows for efficient conceptualisation, planning and delivery of marketing and media strategies throughout business.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma (Bachelor of Commerce; Marketing; Public Relations and Communications/Relevant industry related qualification)
- Project Management Certification ( advantageous)
- Financial services and direct marketing experience (preferable)
- 3-5 years’ experience in brand or product management
- 2 years+ experience with project management
- 3-5 years Demonstrable marketing experience in a similar environment.
- 2 years+ exposure to various marketing functions – Direct marketing, Digital Marketing, TV
- 3-5 years PR and Brand communications experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with Customer Insights Analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience driving customer retention strategies
- Brand awareness – a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
- Determination and perseverance
- Relationship management skills
- A strong focus on results
- A high degree of business acumen
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2729