We have a super opportunity on our books for a mid-weight Brand Manager at one of the country’s foremost retailers. We’re looking for someone with a passion for retail, brand and customers and as such FMCG experience is essential. In this position you will play a role as brand custodian through understanding and interpreting the Business and Marketing strategies and translating them into the execution of a compelling, integrated Brand Marketing and Communications plan to achieve agreed business objectives. The role calls for you to provide strategic input into the Marketing Strategy by providing customer insights, business direction and solutions to ensure business objectives have been delivered against KPIs. Don’t miss out on this chance to work on a fantastic brand.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
- Position the brand to the market, in a way that focuses on driving sales and customer engagement.
- Ensure our brand is positioned as the retailer of choice for customers
- Support the business to achieve its strategy and goals
- Influence key stakeholders in the interpretation, implementation and execution of the strategic marketing vision and direction.
- Manage end to end process from marketing into the advertising agency, by turning the strategy into an execution plan and then briefing the communication into agency.
- Ensure that the communication objectives are understood and deliver integration across channels and touch points that deliver to the objectives of the briefs and the business.
- Partner in the creative development and execution process and approve from a brand perspective within mandate
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Marketing
- At least 3 years of Marketing experience at Brand Manager level in FMCG or retail.
- FMCG experience – Essential
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of Marketing
- 360֯ media understanding
- Passion for retail, brand and customers
- Influencing skills
- Strategic and conceptual thinker with ability to identify insight strategy into plans and deliverables.
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Creative thinker, creative sensibility and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen; demonstrates basic business sense and understanding, as well as understands the macro-economic environment
- Team player: willing to work cooperatively with others, within the team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Agility and flexibility
- Ability to understand and interpret local and international trends
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Emotional intelligence
- Presentation skills/ articulate
- Proactive, takes initiative and driven
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1212