Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
An opening for a mid-weight Brand Manager at a popular FMCG brand’s Cape Town head office has become available. We’re looking for someone with previous FMCG experience – someone who has strong numeracy and analytical skills. This exciting role will see you manages a brand/s of scale. You will get to show off your amazing organisational leadership abilities as you drive market/consumer research and competitive intelligence gathering initiatives and use insights to develop short to mid-term plans for key brands. You will be tasked with planning, coordinating and driving business planning, brand management, brand planning, market research, new product development and roll out and business performance tracking. Your ability to take initiative will assist you in driving the development and execution of brand plans against key objectives with a view to delivering against the financial and market share commitments. This is a superb opportunity to work on a well-loved brand at a super company. Don’t miss out!
- Gathers market and consumer insights required for key brands.
- Applies market and competitor information to prepare short to mid-term brand objectives.
- With the guidance of their line manager, develops and delivers brand strategy ensuring the brand’s vision and strategic imperatives are aligned to the overarching business / category strategy.
- Develops and delivers consumer relevant brand marketing mixes (value proposition, product and packaging, communication and promotion) that drive growth and deliver value. With the guidance of their line manager, collaborates with regional teams where such marketing mixes deviate from global brand directives.
- Develops annual brand marketing plans that will deliver NTS, GP, and brand contribution requirements.
- Ensures implementation of the annual brand marketing plan and its components ensuring NTS, GP, and brand contribution requirements are met
- Develop sustainable and meaningful brand product pipelines.
- Delivers brand NPD projects on time and in full, ensuring NTS and GP aspirations are met.
- Builds effective working relationships with (1) internal work partners / cross functional teams (Customer, Supply Chain, Project Team, R&D, Professional Marketing, GFO, other clusters) and (2) external work partners and agencies.
- Accountability for financial / P&L performance of brand (top line and bottom line).
- Accountability for market performance of brand.
- Acquire knowledge of the Quality Management System that have been deployed at the SSA Marketing Company and the relevant Quality System Procedures that are applicable to the job through inclusion of related processes and procedures in individual training plan. Maintain 100 % adherence to training plan timelines and ensure appropriate application of relevant Quality and Compliance processes and procedures to the job. Report any non-compliances or deviations to the Business Quality & Compliance Head.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills – essential
- Previous relevant FMCG experience is a must.
- Results and performance driven
- Sense of urgency
- Strategic thinking
- Big picture orientation with attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Prudent risk taking
- Organisation and talent development
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Self-awareness and adaptability
- Analytical thinking – Mental processes of discernment, analysis and evaluation to arrive at conclusions
- Business acumen – Knowledge and understanding of business fundamentals; knowing what is required to drive long term health and prosperity of the business
- Able to initiate and manage the change process and energise it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers
- Able to improve the knowledge and performance of others by providing clear, specific performance feedback and suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem
- Understanding and adapting to overcome complexity and uncertainty
- Communication and presentation skills – Ability to effectively share information, ideas and arguments (oral and written) with diverse audiences, using a variety of communication modes, as appropriate to the situation
- Decision making and problem solving – Efficient decision making in a complex and changing environment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Financial management skills
- Able to identify strategies that will maximise business growth potential, guiding the allocation of resources among the competing opportunities, meets all requirements in terms of complying with good financial practice
- Relationship building
- Able to effectively analyse and optimise the value chain and associated business models, fully understands the value chain and works with key stakeholders to ensure that business is optimised at each and every linkage
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Strategic thinking
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2579