We have a sterling opportunity for a junior to mid-weight Brand Manager at an upmarket wine estate based in the Winelands. We’re looking for a sophisticated individual who has worked in the Hospitality industry (an upmarket restaurant/wine farm or the like). The role encompasses Sales, Marketing and PR and Customer Service and as such it calls for someone with a knowledge or alcohol (wines/spirits). The ideal candidate is a ‘people person’ who is passionate about networking.
- Cultivate customer accounts and travel within the local area to develop future and repeat business contributing to the profitability of the estate, with a focus on the restaurant, banqueting facility (winter), and art gallery
- Analyse local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximise revenue
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided on the estate and identify opportunities for upselling and promoting when appropriate
- Attend events, as required, in order to build relationships with a network of potential customers and develop possible business opportunities
- Prepare and implement a Marketing budget and plan
- Understand the competitive Hospitality marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the estate stays ahead in the local market
- Develop, implement and monitor creative local Marketing channels including social media
- Manage and update media database in cooperation with the PR agency
- Plan and handle restaurant individual customer emailing/customer response
- Manage an events schedule to maximise yield and ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Manage and update restaurant’s content on the website
- Cooperate with other departments on the estate to create an exceptional customer experience and ensure that a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained
- Serve as the main point of contact for VIP customers and ensure that the estate staff is fully briefed on their requirements
- Build strong relationships with customers in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree-level qualification in a Hospitality and/or Marketing field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a proven track record to close a sale
- Excellent selling and networking capability
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of Hospitality and/or wines
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends with ability to develop approaches to these challenges
- A positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Well-groomed and well-spoken
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Passion for sales and achieving targets and objectives
- Passionate about networking and interacting with people.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1210