Calling experienced Brand Managers with 5 years’ FMCG brand management experience and strong strategic capabilities
Want to work for a world leader in consumer products, working on a well-known beverage?
The role is based in their Johannesburg office and reports to the Marketing Manager – Southern Africa.
- Relevant Degree in marketing/related field
- 5 years’ FMCG brand management experience
- Strong strategic capabilities
- Budget management experience
- Co-ordination and project management skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of advertising processes
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to manage different projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet all deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adaptable to change
- Experience with multi-national corporate reporting requirements
- Strong MS Office
- Support the Area Marketing Manager to develop and execute the consumer led brand strategy that will deliver our ambitious business growth goals across Southern Africa.
- Take the regional brand strategies and develop implementable local consumer led strategies & growth plans that is based off deeply penetrating local consumer insight
- Develop the short, medium & long-term strategy
- Develop and execute bold & best in class consumer engagement strategies
- Be responsible for full brand management (consumer engagement, innovation / new Product Launches – responsible for the conceptualizing, motivating, and managing the introduction of new products, line extension and product improvement, portfolio management, brand P&L management)
- Work closely with the regional Marketing Team on the development of the regional Brand Strategies and marketing tools, championing understanding of the local consumer / brand / commercial challenges & requirements for Southern Africa
- Energise, inspire, and lead our strategic agency partners to deliver best-in-class, consumer-led work that will meaningfully impact our local consumers
- Energise and inspire our sales & field teams to achieve execution excellence for our brands and campaigns
- Work closely with the other markets throughout the region – sharing and taking learning’s & best practice from each other, and looking for opportunities to create synergies.
- Budget Management – Be accountable for the marketing investment within Southern Africa. Within this develop and monitor against key metrics to improve the return on investment of our marketing spend
- Understand the History of brands, how they have performed over time in terms of market share.
- Analyse what has been the key drivers of strong or weak performance
- Develop and in depth understanding of competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
- Maintain tight control over the financial performance of the brand
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.