Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
This is an absolutely superb opportunity for a dynamic Business Unit Director at a hot creative advertising agency in Joburg. The role will see you managing the existing portfolio of clients through the Client Service and Creative Teams through strategic and tactical direction. You will be called on to drive adherence to strategy with agency and clients. We’re looking for someone with previous advertising agency experience who is currently in the role of BUD or senior Group Account Director. Not one to be missed, get in touch!
- Manage the delivery and set income targets for one or a group of clients
- Explore and recommend new cost effective/innovative methods to deliver campaigns
- Overall delivery of client briefs through active team management and distribution of workload
- Manage all day-to-day activities relating to the client account
- Understand the role of communication within the broader business context to aid the development of the agency’s relationship with the client from advertising supplier to marketing communication partner and Brand Leader
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the production processes and costs in order to maximise agency profitability and client budgets
- Deliver business initiatives that enhance the development of skills, knowledge and good practice of the agency
- Implement change within the business to achieve operational excellence
- Explore and secure opportunities for organic growth and cross-selling
- Assist with New Business activities e.g. Project Management of a pitch
- Ensure clear understanding of the client’s business requirements and to translate this into clear deliverables for your team
- Foster good relationships across the agency departments.
- Lead & drive integration between various agencies working on the Client’s account
- Adhere to company guidelines, such as timely completion of goals, time sheets, accurate revenue forecasts and achieving ultimate utilisation of budgets and targets
- Ensure understanding of the relevant client contract and relevant legal/regulatory guidelines
- To actively network within the industry to identify and create potential leads, contacts, opportunities for the agency
- In conjunction with the CEO and other department heads ensure a sound and meaningful relationship with the client
- Contributions to Agency publications
- Client entertainment
- Continuously provide input into the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional changes to your team and to the creative teams
- Seek opportunities to develop more business opportunities for your client, utilising additional services whenever possible
- Routinely review client account with management to assess business potential and profitability of account relationships
- Ensure that neither the agency nor the client veer off the strategy
- Build the strength of the business relationship through delivery of value added services
- Debate and agree final creative work with direct reports, Creative Director as well as lead the client creative presentation process
- Ensure a balance between maximising profit on an account, presenting the agency in the best possible light and developing and executing the best possible work
- Ensure invoicing and financial administration of the highest standards to guarantee timeous collection of income and collection of fees for the agency
- Provide weekly reports to your relevant stakeholders
- Drive the ethics of cost control and income growth all the way through your team
- Oversee the management of the income for all Client accounts
- Manage and control Client and project profitability
- Raise the profile of the Department and foster good relationships across all divisions in the Company
- Work in partnership with the creative teams to provide excellent creative solution for your client’s needs at all time
- Work with all departments to improve efficiencies and delivery on all accounts
- Manage the performance of your team to continuously achieve or better income targets
- Allocate resources within your team to maximise skill set and client coverage
- Coach and mentor individuals to develop the skills and talent that exist within the agency
- Create clear growth goals for your team and yourself in line with business and individual needs
- Build respect and loyal commitment of Account team
- Ensure thorough knowledge of HR processes
- Support the pro-active recruitment and development of the best account teams within the company
- Recommend salary levels in accordance with individual performance and market rates
- Adhere to and ensure adherence to company performance and behaviour expectations, e.g. timekeeping, timeous completion of timesheets, Company Policies and Procedures etc.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Ad agency experience – essential
- Already employed as a SNR GAD or a BUD position.
- The ability to write comprehensive and insightful briefs
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Be fully literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Confident communication skills.
Should you not receive a response within weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1377