This position can be filled in Cape Town or Johannesburg
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a junior to mid-weight Business/Financial Writer at a great PR consultancy in either their Cape Town or Johannesburg office. This exciting role will see you producing content of a financial or business nature across a broad range of blue-chip corporate clients. We’re looking for someone really dynamic with a great nose for news; someone with an exceptional understanding of financial services, economy, investments, listed companies, markets, venture capital, currencies, local and global corporate world, mergers and acquisitions. If you have the ability to conceptualise interesting content beyond the traditional and can write copy in a variety of mediums then we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree (Business)
- Experience in an online business news environment will be first prize
- 3 – 5 years’ experience
- The ability to think creatively and conceptualise content approaches beyond traditional articles
- The ability to write copy beyond articles and media releases – e.g. infographic copy, video scripts, blogs, reports
- Adept at finding fresh, interesting new angles
- Exceptional research and interview skills
- Flexible writing skills: able to produce a range of content from quick turnaround tactical pieces through to deep, research-driven opinion pieces.
- Based in Cape Town (ideally) or Jozi.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam220