A significant opportunity has become available for a Chief Marketing Officer at a very prestigious company within the alcoholic brand/wine industry. This highly desirable position could be based in Stellenbosch or can be situated abroad too! It offers the successful candidate the chance to work on luxury premium brands that are looking to expand their reach both in the South African market and in selected international markets. We’re looking for a high calibre, focused individual who will be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy for the Brands across a range of products and markets. The Chief Marketing Officer will also be responsible for driving and supporting the execution of the strategy together with the Marketing Managers and other members of the team. The business has a collaborative culture which will require you to work closely with the executive leadership team and key business functions including; sales, product management, customer service and finance. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the marketing strategy is in line with the company’s overall revenue and profit plans; applying research, sales and market data, and a full mix of marketing communications to achieve these goals. This will include a particular focus on digital media and communications. In this regard, you will enable each brand to have a well-defined proposition; to be correctly positioned in both core and new markets and to be communicating with target audiences in a clear and compelling way. This superb opportunity is not to be missed – get in touch!
- To Establish and represent this brand in the highly competitive USA; UK and European markets
- To lead the marketing function in order to drive strategic short and long-term sales, revenue, and profitability goals.
- Establish a vision for each brand, building on their heritage as well as breaking new ground.
- Develop an overall marketing strategy for the organisation and accompanying budget.
- Leverage and manage external expertise and internal resources to implement and deliver the marketing strategy.
- Lead and support the Marketing Manager(s), in setting the web development strategy and continue to leverage technology and digital marketing channels.
- Collaborate with Sales Management leadership to support the sales and distribution plans with evolved marketing tools and programs and report on the efficacy of all marketing activity.
- Actively and regularly work with strategy and solution teams within the company’s collaborative operating model to agree direction, and to drive integration of holistic product/go-to-market thinking into all strategy/solution efforts.
- Actively monitor competitors – provide competitive analysis, strategies and tactics, and have the ability to be creative and agile in response to any competitive challenges.
- Provide leadership and support for internal marketing/communications.
- Define and execute relevant market research as well as speak with customers/partners to understand what they need and want so that we can identify and differentiate existing and potential product, channel and market segment opportunities.
- Create and present thought leadership across service, brand and marketing initiatives.
- Support sales and alliance engagements and build them into all appropriate marketing plans.
- Mentor the company’s senior marketing professionals.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing/Business).
- Senior leadership and marketing management specifically in the Alcoholic Brand/Wine environment.
- Exposure and knowledge of international markets and/or global brands with particular focus on the USA; UK and Europe.
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing communication landscape, with the ability to interpret changing market dynamics, translating them into compelling and creative strategic communications.
- Fluent with all media including digital and social media.
- Experience and controlling budgets effectively.
- A broad and creative thinker who is able to both innovate and implement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, inspire and collaborate with a high performing marketing team.
- Superb analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex, high visibility or high impact projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organisational, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must be results oriented and customer focused.
- Is highly effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large group, with peers, and industry and regulatory groups.
- Clearly and succinctly writes in a variety of communication settings delivering messages across that have the desired effect.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2648