The role is for a mid-weight Client Services Account Manager for a leading agency.
Account focus will be FMCG/retail. Thus previous experience working on similar big name brands in the personal care/FMCG/retail sector is very important.
This is a multi-dimensional role incorporating leadership and client services.
Please note this is a full-time career opportunity – we are looking for a great personality who in turn will work with a great bunch of creative and like-minded people.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have experience in:
- Servicing a number of FMCG clients.
- Managing a team of account managers.
- Achieve sales and market share targets.
- Bringing exceptional stakeholder management and people leadership skills to the role.
Developing and maintaining customer relationships with high profile leaders in the FMCG industry across multiple platforms.
We want a person who understands FMCG and the TTL requirement, internal launches being trade-effective and successful and the various audiences when it comes to trade, shopper and consumer.
As client services manager you will be responsible for maintaining and developing client-business relationships. It is thus very important that you must have a strong understanding of your company’s products or services and knowledge of their competition. You will be expected to be ready to develop creative solutions for existing clients, as well as pursue new clientele opportunities.
The company will look at only senior account managers for this vacancy.
- Minimum five to eight years’ ad agency experience essential
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurised environment
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with budgets
- Strong advertising savvy
- Must have own transport
- Stable track record
- Presentable and well-spoken
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Driving client service excellence through the entire client development team and delighting clients
- Supporting the account management team in the delivery of their objectives
- Demonstrate model behavior and lead teams to develop client specific strategies and associated tactics to drive client value
- Effectively address client satisfaction, renewal and escalation issues until resolved
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ marketing and business objectives and drive high-level strategic plans and objectives
- Maximise revenue from each client and ensure clients are retained
- Identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the current client base and bring new business opportunities to the business through your extended external network
- Ensuring that the team is continually developing its market, innovation and expert knowledge
- Manage tracking and reporting of performance to ensure team accountability and quality of deliverables
Marketing or brand management qualifications a must
The ideal client services director has successfully led an account management, consulting and/or marketing team to high client satisfaction and measureable client ROI, and has been in customer-facing roles (e.g. customer service, account management, consulting, service industry, etc). This person will meet most or all of the following requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study
- Proven senior level of relationship building
- Strong leadership experience
- Hands-on management and coaching
- Track record of developing services and/or account management leadership.
- Show true passion about servicing our clients on a daily basis
- A strong 360 degree marketing practitioner with a focus on results, continuous improvement and innovation
- Should be able to consider client and agency issues at a strategic level
- An impressive track record in managing senior clients at blue chip businesses
- Real commercial orientation and strong strategic awareness
- A credible client background with solid marketing and advertising credentials
- Knowledge of e-commerce, web technology and online marketing concepts, industry trends, etc.
If you do not hear from us within 48 hours of submitting your CV, please treat your application as unsuccessful.
We will keep your CV on file should a suited position become available, we will be in touch.
Salary: R25 - 30 000