The team at a leading financial investment company is looking for an experienced mid-senior Communications Manager. We’re looking for someone with a proven strength in writing and business editing with the ability to work across all Marketing channels, with a keen interest in writing for Digital channels. Importantly, the Communications Manager will be responsible for creating/generating content across channels like the company’s quarterly publication, app and website, including ad hoc writing and editing requests from the business. The ability to conceptualise new ideas as well as to vet the work of others will set the candidate apart. Strong proofreading skills and experience in asset management or financial services is essential.
Please note that candidates without previous financial services industry experience (particularly in the investment category) will not be considered, so we ask that you only apply if you have proven experience in this sector.
- Media- To develop solid relationships with media partners through maintaining ongoing contact to achieve positive coverage for the business.
- To keep abreast of trends in the media and to keep the business up to date with regular updates.
- Strategy and planning – Comms strategy: to implement and create all content in relation to the business communication strategy, ensuring that all communications are aligned to the broader business strategy.
- Content planning: to develop annual content plans for all campaigns and executions which contribute to broader campaign planning.
- Content development- Sponsorship: to write and edit all content for company and all company events. This would include articles, invitations and post event content for all channels.
- Sends fact sheets, commentaries: to update all company reports on performance on a regular basis.
- Client communications: to develop content for all client communications, forms and
- Correspondent: to write content for our quarterly publication through an informed opinion, which will require a passionate interest in financial services, global economics and investing.
- General content development – will be required for the website, CSI activities and the app.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- An appropriate 3+ tertiary educational qualification (Marketing, Economics or Communications)
- 5 years’ experience in writing
- Financial services experience, particularly in the investment category – mandatory
- Advanced MS Office
- Writing and editing ability
- Passionate interest in the industry
- Ability to track trends across media channels (social media + traditional)
- Strong creative flair
- Conceptual skills
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam292