Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Here is a fabulous opportunity for a junior Communications Specialist to make their mark in the financial services sector at a renowned organisation’s Cape Town office. This exciting position sits within the Marketing department and the successful candidate will report to the Communications Manager. In this role you will be required to write and edit content for clients and potential clients across various media, including a quarterly magazine, monthly newsletters, website, brochures, presentations and for PR purposes. We’re looking for someone who has financial services experience or a very strong interest in the subject. It goes without saying that you need to be an excellent writer as this is main focus of the job. It is however, also extremely important that you have numeracy skills and be an analytical thinker as you will be called on to analyse data (at least at a basic level) due to the nature of the content you will produce. Come on, show us what you’ve got!
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must submit Matric and Degree transcripts, as well as a financial writing portfolio, along with a CV.
- Draft original content for articles, our website, brochures, presentations
- Edit content produced by other people in the business, including articles and presentations
- Come up with new content ideas and find innovative ways to reuse existing content
- Maintain and manage existing content including website and brochures
- Assist in ensuring that appropriate and correct information is effectively communicated internally and externally
- Assist with media queries
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary qualification e.g. BA (Marketing, Journalism, PR, Languages, History), B.Com (Marketing, Economics, Finance), B.Bus.SC (Marketing, Economics, Finance)
- At least 3 years writing experience
- Financial media or financial services experience is an advantage
- Excellent writings skills and a passion for writing – must have writing experience and want a writing career
- Excellent attention to detail – editing experience an advantage
- Creative thinker and good listener: ability to come up with ideas
- Analytical thinker with the ability to research, collate and present information in a meaningful manner
- Good understanding of the Digital landscape and the opportunities Digital Media presents
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to operate independently as well as within a team
- Proactive approach and thought leadership ability
- Interest in investing as a subject matter – essential
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam243