Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships –- and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
As one of a team of Community Managers you will be clients’ communities’ first point of contact across various social media platforms. You will be responsible for engaging with and resolving queries for communities on various social media platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. You must be calm, creative and pro-active with great writing and communication skills. Attention to detail and a systematic approach to your thinking and work are essential.
*Note that this position is a fixed term contract until 30 June 2019. You are required to be available between 07h30 – 19h30, Monday to Friday. Shifts are scheduled in 8.5-hour slots between these times.*
Required skills & competencies:
- A minimum Grade 12 National Senior Certificate qualification. A relevant 3-year relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Live the agency values.
- An enthusiastic team player, with great listening skills and a collaborative approach – essential (you work well with a wide range of people, building strong relationships across the business).
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task.
- A naturally curious mind and passion for interactive media.
- Able to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- Works well in a team with a high level of accountability.
- The ability to deal with stress and remain calm when the storm hits.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritising a number of daily jobs and clients.
- Not intimidated by the idea of working with BIG clients.
- Knowledge of the mechanics and functionality of the various social media platforms.
- Be comfortable with working across multiple formats.
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and incredible spelling.
- Experience in analytics tools will be advantageous.
- Fluency in Zulu or Xhosa advantageous
- Daily community management across all social media platforms.
- Identify tactical opportunities, along with concepts, that are relevant to clients’ brands.
- Assistance with monthly content calendar creation – this includes conceptualising content with the Content team and copywriting as needed.
- Assistance with compiling standard service request responses and campaign FAQs.
- Assistance with compilation of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports.
- Ad hoc duties, within reason and as required.
- Please e-mail your CV and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com
- Candidates should be available to come to an interview in Cape Town CBD, Lower Long Street.
- Should you not receive a response from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Hero is an equal opportunity employer. The employment decision made in the filling of this vacancy is informed by the Transformation & Employment Equity strategy of the company.