R20 000 – R25 000 per month
A leading agency in JHB, is seeking to hire a talented conceptual graphic designer to join their team as soon as possible.
The search is on in finding the perfect candidate who combines conceptual and creative excellence with experience in design.
Previous experience in a digital agency or environment is imperative and this must be visible in your portfolio.
When submitting your CV, ensure the following will accompany your application:
- A copy of your CV.
- A copy of your portfolio.
- A link to your online portfolio or links showcasing your work.
This is a key role within the agency. You will be a key graphic designer across a number of extremely high profile accounts and will constantly champion excellent creative standards throughout the company.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements and skill set:
- To conceptualise and through creative thinking using your imaginary design skills, produce outstanding award winning creative work within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied and present to client.
- Working closely with the creative director and as directed by the creative brief.
- The responsibility vests in the attitude, behaviour, determination and accountability to pursue all avenues in order to ensure that the end product/design craft is of a high standard.
- By taking ownership, pride and the use of all available resources, the end product/design craft should project a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional drawing skills (as in slick rendering and scamps) a necessity for art directors and nice to have for designers.
- Exceptionally fast conceptual skills.
- Capable of driving copy and guiding the response mechanisms.
- Thorough understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines.
- A portfolio that demonstrates these skills beyond a shadow of doubt and the results of the activities to prove it.
- Finely honed design skills and latest techniques – graphic designer.
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which require a concept and a thought through process, briefing the copywriters with specific objectives and tasks at hand.
- Fully Mac literate in all relevant programs.
- The applicant will be working closely with a team of client service personnel and creative director.
- Must be fully computer literate on Mac in Freehand and Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Must have strong conceptual skills
- Raw design talent must be evident
- Strong on running and meeting tight deadlines
- You must really, really have a good given design talent
- Must have a diploma/degree in fine arts/design or similar
- Previous agency experience essential
- Preference would be given to candidates with branding agency experience
- Portfolio imperative to showcase your work
- Min three to five+ years’ experience essential
- Able to do design, conceptualisation, etc.
Salary: R20 - 25 000