Calling all content creating conservationists! We have a very exciting opening for a top-notch, mid-weight Content Creator who is truly dedicated to and passionate about conservation. In this role you’ll be able to combine your strategic content creation skills with your need to make a difference at this dynamic non-profit organisation that supports governments in southern Africa with the development of transfrontier conservation areas. We’re looking for a for a highly talented individual who is comfortable with all areas of Copy and Content production (written and multimedia), across Print and online communication channels. The successful candidate will assist the Communications Coordinator with driving content ideation, research, and distribution so as to consistently communicate the organisation’s vision, mission, objectives and activities to various internal and external stakeholders in order to increase interest in their work and enlarge its supporter base.
- Develop Copy and Content, in partnership with and under the guidance of the Communications Coordinator and Senior Development Manager.
- Strategise and create content that educates, engages the audience, nurture leads, supports business goals and tells a brand story across multiple Print and Digital platforms.
- Write clear, compelling, original copy for brochures, press releases, flyers, case studies, event material, and other print marketing collateral.
- Produce Copy and Content for visual communications tools such as video scripts, infographics, posters, branded merchandise and other end-products of multimedia and Design.
- Assist with creating SEO-friendly content for websites, blog posts, social media campaigns, infographics, and campaigns.
- Assist with content for internal communications materials.
- Develop and maintain content schedules and a PR calendar.
- Proof-read and edit online and offline content.
- Report on the impact of communication initiatives on a monthly basis to the Communications Coordinator.
- Stay abreast of industry developments, trends and news relevant to the brand so as to position content strategies accordingly.
- Work with global and regional colleagues across teams and functions to research, develop, and share content.
- Be prepared and willing to perform tasks outside the given job description when asked from time to time.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications, Public Relations,
- Marketing or similar
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of and experience in content strategy development and implementation across a variety of traditional and digital communication platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to engage in effective and accurate lead research
- Advanced computer skills, including desktop publishing
- Exceptionally creative and a conceptual thinker.
- Motivated ‘doer’ – deadline driven with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Highly productive, without compromising on quality and accuracy.
- Able to simplify the complex and make it audience-friendly.
- Initiative-taking, resourceful and works well independently.
- Curious, detail-orientated and meticulous.
- Professional and diplomatic.
- Adaptable team-player.
- Trustworthy, honourable and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Passionate about conservation
- Experience in investigative journalism and/or in-depth storytelling – advantageous.
- All-round corporate affairs and public relations experience – advantageous.
- Skilled in photography and/or videography – advantageous.
- Knowledge of and experience in the coordination of multimedia production and editing – advantageous.
- Event planning experience – advantageous.
- Design skills (Adobe InDesign/Photoshop) or similar – advantageous.
Please submit salary expectations and writing portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam259