We have a very exciting in-house opportunity for a Copywriter/Team Leader at a leading Group in the hospitality sector based in Cape Town. This is a hands-on writing role as well a role overseeing a very small team. You will be responsible for the majority of the below the line requirements for the Group’s Brand Family. The Copy Team Leader is required to show empathy and understanding for the challenges of the Group’s franchisees in their businesses and use their well-honed problem-solving skills to deliver thoughtfully crafted creative solutions. The Copy Team Leader is required to provide guidance to the copy team members and manage them in a manner that will results in high-quality work and a happy working environment. The successful candidate doesn’t have to have managed people before, but must have managed projects and must love working with people. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity that will provide a fabulous work environment and balanced life working on some of SA’s best loved brands, look no further!
- Create an inspiring team environment with a customer-centric culture
- Set clear team goals with defined expectations
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation & line management of your team members
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognise high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organise team building activities
- Report concerns and progress to the Creative Head
- Lead by example and instil a culture of accountability, daily excellence and pride
- Use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret verbal or written briefs and make accurate creative and production decisions to solve the brief requirements
- Develop and conceptualise material based on a broad view of criteria, strategy, financial constraints and other challenges determined by the brief
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Work flexibly with both internal and external clients by being approachable, listening carefully, informing fully and being patient (teamwork is important)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients by being committed to their needs
- Assist designers with the rollout of jobs
- Meet deadlines and take responsibility for quality and timelines of agreed deliverables
- Strict adherence to company philosophy, mission statement, vision and values
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage creative tasks from inception to delivery
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a copywriter in a creative/advertising/retail print industry
- A passion for the English language and/or literature
- Proficient in both English and Afrikaans (Afrikaans would be beneficial)
- Intuitive grasp of appropriate tone
- Integrity and pride in own work
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to work in the required software packages – MS Office (Adobe Suite is advantageous)
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Degree in Management or training in team leading – a plus
- Experience in User Experience Design – a plus
- Interested in commerce, popular culture and new advertising and marketing trends and techniques
- Interested in consumer insights, e.g. Why loyal customers but certain products?
- Interest in oversight of competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies
- Interested in risks and trends related to the retail environment
- Interest in digital developments, online strategies and trends and the progress of marketing automation.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio along with your salary requirements and CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam420