Calling all strategic word ninjas! This is a brilliant opportunity to work at a super through-the-line agency based in Durban. We’re looking for a mid-weight Copywriter/Strategist to work across the spectrum to develop compelling brands, aid the conversion of brand strategy into creative concepts, bridge the gap between strategy and business objectives and creativity. You’ll ensure that creative campaigns are strategically aligned, on brief and presentable. The role calls for someone who can write exceptionally well, be responsible for short-term strategy and plan campaigns. You’ll need to be able to think through-the-line and push innovation while orientating around client business objectives. You will be charged with thinking beyond single creative executions to consider the greater Marketing strategies. This agency offers you the opportunity to work collaboratively in a team with client service and creative. Perhaps you are a top writer who has dabbled in strategy and is up for the challenge of growing that skill. Grab this one before it’s too late!
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Formal copywriting or marketing strategy qualification relevant to the position (not negotiable)
- At least 5 years’ ad agency experience
- Previous strategic experience
- A passion for brand strategy (not negotiable)
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full racial spectrum of the SA marketplace (not negotiable)
- Finger on the pulse’ individual, aware and up to date regarding local and international brand and consumer trends
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time)
- A critical eye for design – an understanding of visual brand communications and the basic rules these are governed by
- Strategic thinker
- Inspiring and proactive
- Ability to write over a range of mediums (ATL, BTL, Digital/Web & Social)
- Experience in conceptualising
- Energetic, talented, creative
- The experience to manage multi-tasking and prioritising a number of daily jobs and clients.
- A sense of overview, always able to look at the bigger picture and bring together all of its components.
- Good people skills
- An enthusiastic team player, with great listening skills and a collaborative approach – essential (you work well with a wide range of people, building strong relationships across the business).
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy-going nature.
- Able to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- The ability to sell advanced and strategic concepts, and to drive initiatives and the agency values.
Please submit your relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam355