Preference will be given to candidates from a previously disadvantaged background.
A fabulous opportunity has come up for a mid-weight Corporate Communications Manager working in the, international and world-class, eventing, conferencing and experiential arena. The main purpose of this terrific role is the formulation of all corporate communications strategies; the implementation of external and internal communications plans; media liaison; stakeholder engagement and project management. The company believes that for it to remain exceptional their staff should be exceptional. The culture of the company is one of teamwork, recognition, personal accountability, and service excellence. This is your chance to shine in a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Develop and implement an external communications strategy that is aligned to the vision, key objectives and values
- Integrated Annual Report and AGM presentation: Responsible for full report and presentation content management and its accuracy
- Execute all communication and develop a proactive media relations plan
- Prepare press releases and media motivation content
- Plan and execute key media events
- Oversee quality and consistency of media and visual communication
- Build and maintain relationships with the local, national and international industry specific and mainstream media, alike
- Profile the CEO, executive management & key specialist positions in the media
- Prepare appropriate speeches and presentations for Executive Management.
- Initiate advertorial opportunities with relevant editorial content.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Manage website content
- Introduce new media technology applications
- Develop and manage a Social Media communication and Digital strategy
- Produce high-quality online content for key Social Media platforms
- Collaborate with the marketing department to ensure maximum reach and exposure for all targeted marketing campaigns.
- Develop and manage an internal communication plan aligned to the company’s human resources strategy.
- Manage internal intranet content.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and industry relationships to promote the company’s aims and objectives
- Identify opportunities and events to promote and build relationships and represent the company on key regional industry communication platforms
- Maintain a comprehensive qualitative stakeholder database
- Manage and execute all key stakeholder events.
- Responsible for all communications department projects according to time and costs frameworks
- Manage service providers and relevant agencies in terms of resource and production management
- Record Management
- Manage the collection and archiving of relevant press clippings in order to build historical information for the company
- Maintain and build up an image library. Ensure that all relevant events are photographed; collaborate with the marketing department.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary qualification in Corporate Communications or Public Relations (NQF7)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar environment; with at least 5 years at a management level
- All round Corporate Communications experience – both internal and external
- Experience managing staff (you will be managing a small team)
- An enthusiastic leader
- An understanding of effective media relations strategies, both reactive and proactive
- Strong project management skills and experience in digital content management
- Experience in reputational media management – advantageous
- Team player
- Able to embrace the values of the company and fit in with their culture
- Dedicated and hard working.
Please submit your salary requirements with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam372