A simply superb opening has become available for a highly talented, mid-weight Creative Copywriter at an unconventional, maverick financial company in Cape Town with a story to tell. We are looking for someone who can craft beautiful long copy to tell that story (Blogs, product leaflets, mailers and so much more) as well as concise and sharp copy that is required in all communications. As Creative Copywriter you are on the frontline ensuring the messaging for these financiers is crafted in a way that resonates with their diverse audience. They’re a disruptive company that believes in telling their story in a myriad of ways, from entertaining content pieces, to serious long form content, and everything in between including social media, BTL and more. As such you need to be a truly versatile and creative Copywriter, who is comfortable wearing many hats and is highly conceptual. Whether you come from an in-house/corporate environment or an ad agency background you will be considered successful if you have exceptional BTL/Design/long copy experience – we’re looking for an outstanding writer. This role sits within the Marketing team, which is responsible for delivering a consistent pipeline of high quality, differentiated content. It is essential that you have corporate environment work experience to be considered for this role. It is also essential that you have a stable track record showing long term commitment at previous jobs in order to be considered for this role. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a growing brand that is working hard to make a difference in the lives of its clients. Show us your impressive portfolio!
- Writing copy across disciplines: including web copy, brochure copy, social media copy, online campaigns, below-the-line and conceptual writing
- Developing copy and content, often in partnership with the Head of Communications, the Director of Marketing and the designer
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy designed to nurture leads, sell products, tell the brand story
- Ability to tailor your message to different audiences (for a diverse range of clients, aged 25 – 65+, with a key focus on Black, White) and write effectively for different mediums.
- Occasionally writing long-form copy for press releases etc.
- Supporting with ideation, the development of the monthly marketing calendar and the conceptualisation of marketing activities and campaigns
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar
- Reporting the impact of your initiatives on a weekly basis to the Director of Digital & Marketing.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 5-6 years creative, conceptual Copywriting experience
- Relevant Degree
- Experience working in a corporate environment – ESSENTIAL!
- Hugely excited at the prospect of working for a challenger brand that is disrupting the financial services industry
- High creativity & a conceptual thinker
- Speed of execution, without compromising on quality, is essential in this role
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High accuracy
- Quick thinker
- Always questioning the status quo
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision
- A highly motivated “doer”
- Deadline driven with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills –written and verbal.
- High stress tolerance
- Detail orientation / meticulous work standards
- User focused
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
- Self-starter / self-motivated
- Independent thinker
- Service orientated
- Problem solver
- High standards
- Varied interests / interesting
- Business savvy
Please send your relevant writing portfolio with your application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam280