Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A dynamic fashion retailer is on the lookout for a Creative & Design Manager to join their Marketing department’s creative team. This is an exciting role that will see you responsible for enhancing the brand experience customers have with the brand. It’s important the graphic designer relates with the brand as such: that is to be youthful, confident, current and connected. A superior customer shopping experience is critical to the success of the brand and they recognise that people play a huge role in this. The client is focused on looking for a talented, motivated, confident creative thinker, with a deep love for fashion. The role as Creative & Design Manager requires leadership, and someone who can coach and grow the internal Design team. This is a superb opportunity for someone who can bridge the gap between creative and management. The role will see you overseeing/managing a team of Graphic Designers, so management experience is a plus. You will have insight into operations, have amazing people skills and be happy to be hands-on. An in-depth understanding of Print and Digital processes is a must. Come and demonstrate your love of aesthetics, fashion and apparel. Forward your striking graphic design/art direction portfolio (preferably as a link (or in PDF format) and be in the running for this unique, superb opportunity!
- Work as a team with the internal and external brand partners
- Lead and Drive the creative strategy, campaign content and design direction on multiple brands.
- Strong Brand CI coordination across brands.
- Conceptualise fresh and new ideas with internal and external brand partners.
- Translate and conceptualise the season through the line ATL/BTL
- Produce exceptional creative work within the scope of the brand and creative brief, and present these ideas to client/team
- Briefing of creative teams and external partners
- Be responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off.
- Give direction on typography, substrate, finishing of stock
- Fashion and design trends understood, researched and commercially interpreted for the brand.
- Be able to effectively visualise concepts (2+3D) and drive translation with design and Visual teams.
- Be able to develop props to enhance the in-store and window concepts with the Visual Merchandising team.
- Attend all photo shoots and location visits, providing direction to photographers to meet clients brief.
- Take responsibility on photo shoots, through pre-production, the shoot day and post-production.
- To confidently influence and persuade at all levels.
- To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
- To lead, grow and share experience with design team/reports.
- Budget control in line with the strategy
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-year Qualification in Graphic Design/Visual Communication (essential)
- 9+ years’ experience
- Management experience (highly advantageous)
- A proven track record of Design excellence
- Previous retail concept experience is advantageous
- Flair for fashion, be a creative thinker and good researcher
- Have strong typography and layout skills
- Great Art direction, managing of teams and understanding of photography
- Solid understanding of Print processes, substrates and repro
- Strong planning (studio/dept.) and time management abilities
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Responsible, committed and have an excellent eye for detail
- High integrity and good values.
- High level of resilience and emotional maturity
- Great team player and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit your relevant portfolio in PDF format/link on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1804