Preference will be given to candidates from a previously disadvantaged background.
We have a stellar opportunity for a rock-solid Creative Director at a fabulous integrated digital agency in Cape Town who are looking for someone with traditional ad agency experience. In this role you’ll be required to come up with and stimulate big ideas, encourage through the line thinking, and future proof our clients’ brands and businesses. Ideally you are an art-based CD, but a copy background will also be considered. The agency is wants to connect with an individual who matches their ambitions, someone who can nurture their creative teams and can help take the agency to the next level. If this is you, you will report to our Executive Creative Director, partner with Strategists and lead and mentor teams of Copywriters and Art Directors, working closely with the client service team. You will be the Creative Custodian of their accounts, growing and nurturing them creatively. This is a fantastic opening – don’t miss out!
- Stimulating and managing the inception of fresh, bold ideas.
- Developing agency processes and methodologies to ensure the best work, consistently.
- Collaboration with Traffic to ensure work is delivered on deadline.
- Presenting and clearly articulating ideas to the broader agency team and the client.
- Collaboration with other teams, including strategy, media, design, development and partner agencies.
- Serving as the department leader and ensuring the continued growth and mentorship of the Creative teams.
- Managing the quality of creative output, ensuring is meets Agency standards and client expectations.
- Directing and overseeing the execution of creative work.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- 10+ years’ experience in developing campaigns and concepts.
- Big agency experience.
- Relevant portfolio
- Experience working with new and innovative technologies.
- The ability to deal with stress and remain calm when the storm hits.
- A sense of overview, always able to look at the bigger picture and bring together many moving parts.
- Good people skills (you’ll meet and deal with plenty along the way).
- Able to work well with a wide range of people, building strong relationships across the business.
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task.
- A strong leader.
- A great presenter and willing to fight for the work.
- Collaborative and easy-going.
- Proven experience leading and executing integrated concepts for big brands yet does not have an ego preventing them to work on smaller ones.
- A naturally curious mind and passion for new media, yet solid experience with traditional mediums.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Proven experience managing creatives and leading creative teams.
- Industry awards and experience in creating case films and case studies.
Please submit your portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam356