Calling all Customer Insights Managers with a Degree in Statistics or Business Science and 6-10 years’ experience in an analytical role.
Are you an expert at translating large volumes of data into actionable intelligence and insights?
Want to work for SA’s leading retailer – a well-known household name in SA?
The role is based in Cape Town.
- Utilize analytical solutions within the Insights and Analytics team to derive customer insights that support strategic decision making in the organisation.
- Provide understanding of the customer in the retail and broader market, enabling the business to make data driven strategic decisions.
- A Business Marketing/ Statistics or a similar 3 to 4 years (Hons) degree.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in analysis or consultancy experience in retail sector or similar organization.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics & concepts to senior stakeholders .
- Ability to translate large volumes of data into simple insights.
- Experience in data mining and working with large databases.
- Experience in a large business environment.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of analyzing information and interpreting/translating it into non-technical, commercial recommendations.
- SAS or SQL proficient.
- Qlikview or other data visualization software.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of database segmentation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Support delivery of the retail/merchandising planning processes and buying cycles by providing relevant and actionable customer insights, recommendations and commercial opportunities.
- Develop market place and competitor insights that can be used to drive strategic imperatives.
- Stay abreast of global retail and customer trends and advise on their influence on the company’s target consumer.
- Provide the business with data driven insights and commercial opportunities.
- Manage & execute strategic & ad hoc research studies and develop and manage relationships directly with research service providers.
- Provide strategic and operational reporting, interpretation and consultancy into all business units.
- Work closely with fast-reaction project teams to support assessment of customer opportunities.
- Support the development of robust business cases with customer/ marketplace analysis to highlight commercial opportunities and implications as input into product development design, buying and selling plan optimisations and course correction activities.
- Champion the development of new methodologies that enhance the company’s understanding of the customer, thereby adding the customer dimension to business decision making.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust macro and micro customer segmentation model and ensure it is aligned, relevant and embedded in business plans to best deliver to business needs.
- Work with external consultants to seamlessly develop new methodologies that deliver improved customer insights.
- Work closely with the customer analysts to roll out dynamic dashboards and identify opportunities to productionalise ad-hoc analysis requirements to minimise manual resource overhead.
- Develop and mentor customer research and integration specialists to successfully operationalise existing and new customer analysis & research methodologies /IP.
- Work closely with the broader Customer Insights and Analytics team to ensure accuracy and robustness of source data systems, and suitability of variables for analytical purpose.
- Accountable for all scorecard customer measures, their accuracy and interpretation – set annual targets in line with business strategic direction.
- Recommend key customer measures that can be tracked, and support report rollout to consistently report on these.
- Report monthly on the strategic customer shifts and SWOT for the business as regards to competitors’ customer strategies and market share.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.