China calling! We have a thrilling overseas opportunity for an adventurous Design Director, Group Head or Lead Creative with a desire to work abroad and spread your wings. An opportunity to work in Shanghai and Beijing – two global financial centres, the hubs of the World’s leading economy. It doesn’t get better! It’s such an exciting opening for an FMCG Packaging specialist to make their mark on an international stage. A stunning opportunity to earn some real currency! So, if you’re looking for a lifestyle change whilst working at an award-winning International Design Agency in either of the two cities, this could be perfect for you! This highly reputable agency is on the hunt for an individual immersed in Fast Moving Consumer Goods, BTL and Design, who’ll deliver creative excellence and design solutions for Retail Packaging. You’ll be working on well-known blue chip FMCG brands (as well as some local ones) alongside an expat Creative Director who is looking for a portfolio that showcases outstanding FMCG (and Packaging) designs, really memorable retail brand communication. The competitive package includes relocation and the role has plenty of opportunities for you to be working within and alongside global teams.
We’re looking for creatives driven by adventure and life experience who want to take their passion for creative excellence, beautiful Packaging & FMCG solutions to exciting new markets. Do. Not. Miss. This!
- Providing clear direction to designers, illustrators, finished artists as well as external 3rd party suppliers
- Work closely with the Creative Director in representing design in strategic client presentations, meetings and de-briefs.
- Deliver ideas and designs that are memorable and that can stand alone without any additional communication
- Identify opportunities for furthering and extending the brief.
- Participate in ‘brainstorming’ sessions.
- Convert ideas and concepts to design.
- Provide clear direction to illustrators, finished artists, photographers and printers to maximise outcome and ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Inspire and work collaboratively with client service to ensure great ideas become great solutions.
- Assume responsibility for the development and on-going management of the agency brand’s corporate identity and image.
- Generate ideas and project manage tasks related to the company’s external communication which may include overhauling brand identity and all communication collateral.
- Keep abreast of changes within the fast-moving consumer goods sector and innovations in packaging.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant University Degree from a recognised institution
- 5+years Brand, FMCG and Packaging experience.
- Client facing skills
- Senior Design Portfolio
- Solid team building and mentoring skills
- Passion for and understanding of Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Packaging industry.
- Innovative – ability to provide creative solutions that exceed clients’ expectations and go beyond the brief
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with client service as well clients
- Ability to think strategically, be able to contribute and add value to briefs.
Please submit a relevant portfolio as a link/PDF on application.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1815