Are you passionate about design and brands? Are you a skilled creative who loves conceptualising design projects based on client needs?
A leading brand company is looking for a mid-weight Designer to work across a range of branding elements, including print and digital.
This 4-month contract position is based in Cape Town and starts in November.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- At least 4-5 years’ previous experience in an advertising or design agency.
- Design abilities in both print and digital fields.
- A strong portfolio of previous work.
- Conceptualize design projects based on specific client needs.
- Develop strategic plans for these projects, including project duration.
- Keep track of project expenses and work within a given budget per project.
- Create storyboards and mockups for clients and design teams with an idea of how the finalized projects will look.
- Choose specific design elements for various projects and determine if text or additional elements should be included in designs.
- Work with the Creative Director who oversees all design projects. This includes managing junior staff members and monitoring projects to ensure they are moving forward on schedule and within budget.
- Choose design teams for projects from the existing pool of company employees and external collaborators.
- Meet and discuss with clients to determine what they want from their projects and what specific design elements they may wish to incorporate.
- Review feedback from clients, then design or alter projects to fit the client’s vision, brand, and business needs.
- Analyze market research, customer reviews, and other material to create more effective designs.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure design projects are profitable.
- Use artistic and creative skills to visualize design projects and employ analytical skills to choose and supervise the junior design teams that create these projects based on specific client needs.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.