A very exciting hybrid position has opened up for a junior Designer and Content & Community Coordinator at a renowned arts and culture institution based in Cape Town’s city bowl. You will work alongside the Communications and Marketing Manager and the rest of the Communications team. The focus of the role is to design and create digital content using social media and other online platforms as well as the occasional print advertisement. You will be using the digital channels, including the Website, Social Media and creating e-Newsletters. We’re looking for someone with good design / DTP skills, who also enjoys taking photographs – utilising the skills acquired. If beautifully curated visual content creation excites you then this artistic environment could be what you’ve been looking for!
- Content creation: development of Content to for Digital and other channels, including photography of events; and drafting of basic copy.
- DTP and Design: Design of invites and posters; creation of adverts.
- Strategy: work with the Communication and Marketing Manager and agency to develop and implement a Digital and Social Media platform strategy.
- Community management: day-to-day management and updates of all Social Media platforms and website.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary education in a Design, Marketing or Arts-related field.
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience, with a portfolio of work showing photography and design examples.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in Adobe suite programmes (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Creative with a keen eye for detail.
- A love for the arts and creative field.
- Ability to shoot photography of events and activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent public speaking ability and good speech writing skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask and coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints and completion within deadlines.
- Talented at organisation, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm, collected and professional in those occasional pressured moments.
- Works well independently and in team situations.
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
Please submit a relevant Design portfolio link (or PDF) on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1842