We have a very exciting opportunity for a very Senior Development Operations Manager at a fast-growing digital specialist agency. The role is based in their Cape Town office’s Technical Studio, the role will see the successful candidate reporting to and working closely with the COO. You will oversee all Technical and associated Design production outputs. You’ll also be required to work closely with the Head of Project Management to ensure that the Studio delivers projects efficiently, on-time, on-budget and to quality standards. The role would suit a calm, level-headed individual who is results and KPI focused.
- With the COO, develop, implement and maintain processes within the Agency to achieve and ensure optimal efficient production output
- Ensure, with all relevant stakeholders, that all studio resources have the necessary tools at their disposal in order to perform their functions optimally.
- Be the Production Accounting System Hero, ensuring that the tool is used adequately and completely for the agencies production requirements and, also the accuracy on the management information used for decisions on resources, time and money that impacts job profitability
- Manage the Head of Project Management and Traffic Manager and team with other key job stakeholders to problem solve all project challenges that ensure delivery
- Maintain objectivity around all deliverables across all projects that ensure delivery and production output for the entire studio.
- A member of the Agency MANCO, be a team player to assimilate and align required strategies, expectations and targets that facilitate optimal production cycles.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with all the relevant stakeholders, in an effort to identify red flags early and to plan for contingencies if required.
- Contribute to MANCO team members where applicable to the creation and measurement of KPIs across the teams, aligned to overall company and resource performance objectives.
- Implement and maintain an effective Resource Schedule that plots resource requirements as far into the future as possible, to then work with the COO and MANCO team members to ensure the right resource is in place at the right time that ensures delivery from optimal and efficient production
- Own the Freelance / Part-time resource procurement cycle: identifying the resource requirement with the COO, seek and identify required resource with the relevant Head of Department, issue brief, obtain quote, obtain COO / MD authorisation, ensure PO is issued and then freelance delivery of goods and or services
- Display resilience and flexibility in a deadline-driven, results-focused creative marketing situation.
- Collaborate with MANCO to manage and drive the roadmap of tasks required for the Agency to maximize revenue while working to rigorous budgets, timelines and targets.
- Own the day-to-day studio management and administration
- Attend all MANCO meetings.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a production, traffic and/or operations role in a Tech agency.
- Display an eagerness to grow and develop a deeper understanding of tech tools, techniques and innovation in the digital marketing industry.
- Brilliant Chase knowledge/skills and experience is highly advantageous (training however may also be provided).
- Exceptional administrative skills, including MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills and proactive approach to all tasks.
- Positive can-do attitude and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to have tough conversations as needed with a firm, but fair style
- Results and KPI driven
- Calm, fair, focused temperament.
If this Dev Ops starring role resonates with your experience, we want to hear from you!
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1817