We have an incredible opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Account Director at a progressive and innovative agency’s Johannesburg office. You will be responsible and accountable for the overall planning, leadership and Digital/Web/Social Media development for the exciting Blue-Chip accounts in your portfolio. In addition, you will have overall responsibility for managing the account and team’s growth, profitability, and the value-add relationship with the Clients. You must be hands on and able to work on a very fast paced digital account with huge output. Such a fabulous role for someone dynamic to shine in!
- Monitor workflow across agency team to ensure efficient delegation of projects.
- Demonstrate consistently sound judgment and creative thinking.
- Provide unflappable and inspired leadership.
- Manage budgets and deliver programs within projected costs, including developing detailed marketing program cost estimates, business cases, and ROI models.
- Assume a leading role in the review and evaluation of the quality of the Agency’s product for all major creative, media, strategic and marketing strategies at the critical stages of their development, presentation and implementation.
- Qualify opportunities and help to define and influence the prospect’s requirements in order to put a winning proposition in front of the client.
- Deliver key presentations to small and large groups and stakeholders.
- Work with Clients to advance their business needs and develop long-range digital communications and marketing plans.
- Grow existing accounts through up and cross –sell initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead client stakeholders of all levels in marketing, finance, management and technical roles through processes to assess and prioritize business needs and lead client stakeholders through a process to secure commitment and consensus around prioritized business needs.
- Ensure team enjoys high morale (across departments), is appropriately rewarded, and consistently delivers superior work.
- Ensure that the Agency is associated with outstanding creative work that is both strategic and breakthrough.
- Lead internal teams, partners, and client stakeholders to assess, define and refine various strategies and tactics to deliver against business goals. Build commitment and consensus among client sponsors, influencers, operational contributors and financial stakeholders.
- Set and define team objectives, as well as manage the team’s relationships / interface with the rest of the Agency.
- Coordinate activities across large scale, complex marketing projects with multiple dependencies, restrictive timelines and risks.
- Responsible for the financial profitability and growth of the accounts they lead.
- Build solid, trusted relationships with team members, clients, and industry thought leaders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business, beyond CRM or marketing and has a clear understanding of business events on client and program priorities and success.
- Advises senior Agency management on the status of Client relationships and specific opportunities or problems.
- Evaluate staffing conditions to balance workload and profitability.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma/ tertiary qualification
- Digital agency experience – a must!
- At least 6 years Digital agency experience with at least 4 being in an AD role
- Hands on and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Professional manner
- Pride in work
- Well-developed sense of humour and enjoys being part of a team
- Ability to adapt (any environment, systems, processes and procedures)
- Good time management
- Attention to detail!
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2662