Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A superb vacancy has opened up for a mid-weight Digital Analyst at a world-renowned FMCG brand’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for someone dynamic and skilled in the Digital Media realm. The role is threefold encompassing Digital Strategy, Analytics and Business Development. You will be tasked with developing and championing a guiding vision for Digital Marketing across the South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa Consumer group focusing on the megabrands within the overarching brand’s portfolio. In this vein you will help to develop strong communication plans for a Digital world in partnership with the media agency, ensure fundamentals are in place and provide test and learn opportunities for more innovative Digital activity to drive sales and market share. You will be responsible for driving Digital analytics in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa by ensuring the region has a strong reporting suite that will drive strong media data outputs. Here you will help drive consumer-centric insights, positive ROI and strong media performance. When it comes to Business Development you will be the owner and facilitator of Digital partnerships with a big focus of driving the local JBP with Google and Facebook as well overseeing the media agency. Such an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative analyst at a wonderful global company.
- Develop and optimise Digital platforms to engage consumers and ultimately support product sales for South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working in partnership with the brand teams, you will help to develop a strong communication strategy and plan, considering econometric and ROI learnings, and combining them with your knowledge of the media landscape to deliver a plan that effectively and efficiently achieves brand objectives.
- Develop, leverage and adapt digital strategies and assets from the lead market and EMEA
- Roll out the clusters (AMET) channel strategies (i.e. social, programmatic, data) into the market with the support of key stakeholders
- Help to raise the Digital IQ in the South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa business (Marketing and Commercial) by partnering with industry leaders such as Facebook, Google, Twitter etc. to help drive the Digital agenda.
- Monitor Digital Media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the use of Digital Media.
- Identification and development of innovations in the online sector in the context of “Test & Learn” projects for different target groups of the company
- Negotiate and ensure top quality delivery from our Digital agencies and secure standardisation in the online space.
- Building a strong working relationship with our internal Digital IT team to support development of websites
- Lead the Analytics agenda for South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa ensuring best practice tracking and optimisation
- Management of Digital Analytics for the day to day delivery of the reporting dashboards along with providing actionable insights
- Ensure agency partners are reporting and optimising activity in line with expectations
- Establish Digital KPIs and benchmarks
- Secure continuous tracking and analysis of key metrics and provide recommendations to improve Digital Strategy and execution, including budget control.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing / Digital Marketing, or any related degree. MBA from a reputable school would be preferred.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in Media and Digital Marketing
- Experience from a multi-national or regional company – preferably within the FMCG sector
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; Arabic is a plus
- Experience with media agency and communications management is essential
- Experience managing Social, Content and Digital
- Strong understanding of building and integrating Digital with ATL and activations
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising communications campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online Marketing and measurement
- A strong record of working collaboratively and effectively with Marketing agencies
- Ability to work within a diverse (culturally, functionally & geographically) environment.
- A self-starter and have the ability to take responsibility for key program/study ‘milestones’ with minimal supervision.
- Well organised, well-structured, focused & able to set clear priorities
- Financial analysis and P&L understanding
- Process and Project Management skills
- Communication skills – Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Proactive & self-confident
- High ethical standards
- Must be able to work well in cross-functional teams, both as a team player and a team leader
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2609