Digitally minded, business savvy, passionately driven to grow great brands? Sound like you? Well hang onto your hat because we have a sensational opportunity that will truly excite you! A fantastic opening for an experienced Digital Business Unit Director has become available at a superb, digitally-focused, full service agency’s Cape Town office. This role brings with it the chance to work on an impressive list of Blue Chip accounts across a variety of categories with a hotshot team of dynamic individuals. We’re looking for someone with strong Digital experience and a solid understanding of how Digital fits into the mix.
The role includes all aspects of business management, including revenue, overall business growth, account management team development, development and maintenance of relationships with key accounts and senior level clients, and managing expectations with the agency senior management team. You will work with other functions to develop, craft and refine strategies that achieve client goals and execution of strategies. The ideal candidate is team-oriented and possesses excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. You will set the vision for all partnerships with clients and ensure seamless delivery across the account management team. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, creative and high-performance environment, and you must be comfortable making decisions under pressure. Your vision will embed innovative thinking and strategic direction for the client as you “connect the dots” and actively seek to improve the agency’s role within the client business. We’re excited – you should be too! Get in touch.
- Works closely with Media partners to integrate Media Strategy into Communication strategy deliverables.
- Holds the relationship with the most senior clients (Marketing Director / CEO) and engages meaningfully to drive a partnership model.
- Holds a partner relationship with the ECD and embeds innovative thinking into the core of the business.
- With a clear understanding of the broader business objectives of the client, is able to act as a strategic consultant on all marketing and communication requirements.
- Manages the financial fitness of the account (profitability, staff and income ratios) while driving /identifying additional revenue & business opportunities to increase forecasts. Duties include: Submitting Budget Summaries every month & New Revenue Proposals to Clients
- As mentor to the team, the BD is ultimately responsible for the structure of the team, succession planning and the formal performance appraisals of the AD and GAD once per year. In the absence of a GAD on the team, the BD will fulfil the GAD duties as well.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing or Advertising
- 1 years’ experience as Business Unit Director
- 5-8 years’ agency experience
- Must have grown from Account Director to Business Unit Director.
- Basic technical & Digital development
- Financial management
- Working knowledge Chase system
- MS packages
- Leadership and management skills
- Innovative and creative
- Be self-motivated and ambitious
- Good negotiation skills
- Good Client and staff relationships
- Work as lead a team and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to drive and motivate change
- Ability to provide sound advice at all levels
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2651