We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-senior Digital Copywriter at a superbly progressive, innovative agency’s Johannesburg office. This role will see you working on a very well-renowned, blue chip, global technology brand account. We’re looking for a “storyteller who likes words” to help us communicate great stories that move people. Somebody who will make sure that things i’s are dotted, and t’s are crossed. The role encompasses Social Media and as such you’ll be tasked with content creation, content calendars, scheduling and posting making the ideal candidate highly socially savvy. The ideal candidate is someone who works well under pressure and can deliver with quick turnaround times. Are you the one?
A typical day in this role could look like this:
- Quickly rework some banners for a top technology brand’s campaign
- Write up some Social Media posts across Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Create content calendars, scheduling and posting of content
- Research with a team how people buy high end tech products and why
- Work on a service design project for how call centre agents can empathise in medical emergencies
- Research what is trending for ideas into content plans
- Go to the gym, work from home
- Write a Social Media video script
- Choose the perfect giphy on Slack channel that will crack everybody up
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant qualification
- Copywriting portfolio (preferably from Red and Yellow, Vega or AAA)
- At least 4 years’ previous experience
- Able to work well under pressure
- Social Media experience
- Passion for Digital
- Able to deliver with quick turnaround times
- Ideally from a Digital/Advertising Agency background
- Independent and able to self-motivate and self-manage
- Problem solver
- Passionate about building the brand.
Please submit a relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam312