We are a highly entrepreneurial and opportunity focused company who want to be the most desired creative company on the African continent and beyond.
We believe that “the people with the best people win” and are looking for a dynamic Johannesburg based Digital Creative Director to join our team and be part of this audacious vision. We are looking for a brave, bright, optimistic problem solver.
- Ultimately responsible for the quality of the digital creative work across the agency and client portfolios
- Driving innovation and best practice when it comes to all aspects of digital
- Oversee Creative teams, including designers, writers, social media and content managers. (all development is done externally)
- Mentor & Manage the studio team – keep them happy, inspired and motivated.
- Allocate work to teams in collaboration with traffic
- Inspire creatives and the agency about work.
- Give recognition and encourage those under you.
- Do your own award winning work.
Your success measure: Is the agency’s digital work winning? Is the digital creative department happy and productive? Are you seamlessly integrated with the rest of the agency teams.
Key focus areas
- Probably the most important part of your job. Rallying all agency disciplines from strat – account management – production – creative teams – traffic behind solving problems and creating great digital work.
- You are also solely responsible for the happiness, performance and motivation levels of the entire digital creative department.
- You are both manager and mentor – you need to facilitate and inspire great work. You need to have the excellent interpersonal skills and buy–in from all.
- You are ultimately responsible for the quality of thinking that you and the teams under you produce.
- This should be of a consistently high quality. You should be able to both develop and inspire great, fresh, impactful thinking.
- As well as drive a strong digital agenda that is integrated with the rest of the agency.
- Having an integrated view on work is essential.
- You are the benchmark of quality and the standard for your discipline in the agency.
- Your design for digital should be beyond question and be the envy of all below you.
- You will need to be able to present work well to the most senior clients and organisational heads.
- You will be responsible for presenting your teams’ pitch work.
- You will need to be able to present work right from strategy to creative execution.
- You will be responsible for all production decisions: choice of suppliers and the quality of work you extract from them.
- You should feel confident having the final say on work before it goes to client and the media.
We don’t do ego.
We solve in the positive.
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.