Stunning opportunity for a Digital Creative Head at a leading financial institution’s Cape Town office. This is a really exciting role for a Design-based creative that will see you responsible for ensuring that the creative output of the studio is of the highest calibre, meets project briefs and expresses the brand’s Digital Customer Experience in the most inspiring and motivational way possible. The successful candidate will work closely with the Digital Customer Experience Design Production and Content team, Digital Marketing Campaign Managers and clients to deliver on client and internal briefs. You’ll be tasked with doing this within the context of Creative Strategy, campaign delivery, Digital Customer Experience and applying Creative and Design governances. We’re looking for someone highly creative, mad about Digital, with comprehensive Design skills and a portfolio to back it up. If you are all that and possess the ability to lead a team, we want to hear from you!
- Creates a climate for optimal performance
- Mentors and directs junior staff to achieve operational excellence standards
- Plans and assigns work over applicable period where required.
- Ensures creative output from team is of the highest calibre and adheres to brand guidelines
- Collaborates with campaign managers and business units to create awareness and internally market the VP and services of the digital customer experience design studio
- Works through the campaign managers, business units and DCX managers to acquire work briefs
- Leads the design team through creative direction and quality assurance as well as use of best practices
- Develops and delivers relevant and exciting executions that answer the briefs.
- Co-ordinates with the campaign managers and production managers to manage expectations and delivery internally and with third party partners to successfully execute the briefs.
- Works with the Digital Marketing team, Segments, Creative team, Production and management team to develop strategies, concepts and execution plans for presentation to clients.
- Gives input into the development and execution of the digital customer experience annual business plan
- Evangelise across the business, the importance of adhering to digital brand guidelines.
- Create, contribute to and maintain digital design governance standards.
- Check-in with creative team to assess project status, brief new projects and review quality of work
- Lead brainstorming sessions with creative team to develop ad campaigns and creative solutions based on client’s needs
- Create digital marketing proposals for clients
- Pitch concepts to internal team and clients
- Complies with Finance and Risk management governances, including correct audit requirements.
- Ensures that the teams’ efforts are relevant and effective in pursuit of client briefs, and takes corrective action as required.
- Implements and maintains Brand Corporate Identity.
- Operational implementation of briefs within the governance of brand strategy.
- Considers use of all resources (material, time, equipment) when executing duties to contribute towards effective usage of team/function expense budgets.
- Contributes to functional resource planning and integration.
- Manages the teams key KPIs and implement corrective action where needed.
- Works with digital marketing, segments and CX teams to network and build relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients.
- Provides operational support on Brand strategies to centres, segments & countries.
- Balances own priorities with directing and coaching others.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant University Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in agency design studio production environment
- 1-2 years’ management experience.
- Portfolio of evidence required.
- Ability to lead, mentor and direct a team of creatives – must be able to manage the creative team from concept to completion of the projects with strong leadership
- Solid background in Design (including UX/UI design, animation & motion graphics, illustration as well as conceptual ideation)
- Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Behance or similar online portfolio
- An in-depth understanding of web & other digital mediums is essential
- Ability to present creative concepts to key stakeholders with confidence and clarity
- Keen eye for detail and quality assurance
- Relentless pursuit for creative perfection
- Healthy respect for deadlines
- Strong creative portfolio
- Experience with UX, UI, and interactive design
- HTML, CSS experience
- Experience with InVision
- Able to code JQuery or Angular.js (not essential)
- Has worked with corporates before (not essential)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (not essential)
- Customer first
- Leading with influence
- Personal mastery/ always learning
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1714