Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a talented Mid-Weight Digital Designer at a leading financial services company’s Cape Town CBD office. We’re looking for someone innovative, analytical and inquisitive; a real problem-solver who is self-motivated. In this role you’ll work under the supervision of the Marketing and PR Manager and your main responsibility will be the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital design work. This can be anything from emails, HTML banners, Social Media posts, infographics, exec slides for PPT, internal comm e-flyers etc. You’ll be called on to contribute unique ideas for strategic marketing initiatives for digital products. The ideal candidate has been exposed to front-end development (HTML/CSS) skills. Is it you?
- The full project lifecycle – from brief to usability and build
- Execute top-quality design from concept to delivery complying with brand standards in execution of marketing materials.
- Coordinate with Internal Communications team on site-wide design needs
- Working collaboratively with global designers, local and international agencies, locally based UX. The Digital Designer will deliver digital output of the highest quality and to brief
- Staying on track with emerging digital trends, digital best practice and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider digital creative community
- Design HTML email and newsletter templates
- Design internal communication document templates (e.g. PowerPoint, Word)
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Intimate understanding of the Digital ecosystem with a focus on convergence
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ industry experience.
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the Marketing team.
- Agency experience in designing cutting-edge digital campaigns (including banners, microsites, emails, mobile first)
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Exposure to CMS platforms such as WordPress and Umbraco; understanding of A/B and multivariate testing processes
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem solving attitude
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
Please submit a relevant portfolio when you apply.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1825