A fabulously innovative consultancy’s Cape Town office is on the lookout for a mid-weight digital project manager to join their team. In this role, you will be charged with overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects. You’ll need to ensure that specified deliverables are met, in order for the business unit to make its targeted operating profit. Super opportunity for someone bright and driven at a super company.
- Participate in planning workshops with clients
- Participate in scoping sessions and prioritising deliveries with clients
- Create project plans and drive plan to a successful conclusion
- Manage resource capacity in the team
- Manage and track effort and progress and highlighting ways to keep the project on track despite issues
- Set up and participate in sprint planning meetings in order to monitor project activity
- Identify impediments during sprint planning meetings
- Complete relevant documentation aligned to agile methodology, e.g. burn down charts
- Establish a sound understanding of the team’s capacity
- Drive the delivery of projects according to time and budget
- Manage profit margins of projects
- Provide accurate reports on Cost of Sale
- Ensure accuracy of documentation; Authorisation to Invoice Client (AICs) and Invoice Request Notes (IRNs).
- Ensure that clients receive invoices
- Manage risk on projects and ensure escalations get channelled
- Maintain a base of contractors
The successful candidate must have/be:
- BA degree/relevant qualification in project management
- Experience as a project manager/traffic manager in a digital environment, using agile principles, will be advantageous
- Minimum of three years’ experience
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding planning, time-management, and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Ability to take ownership and display high levels of accountability and initiative
- Ability to liaise at all levels of management and across different teams
- Ability to grasp concepts of a technical nature with a sound understanding of the underlying business environment
- Ability to understand financial dashboards and budgeting
- Proficient in the use of MS Project, Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other web-based project management software used to perform the job
- Ensures ISO compliance
- Calm and focused in a vibrant and energetic environment
- A high level of maturity and ability to handle oneself under pressure
- An even-tempered person with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
Previously disadvantaged candidates may be given preference.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1848