Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships – and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
We are recruiting for a suitably experienced Digital Sales Executive to prospect and build a pipeline of business as well as maintain current client relationships. Your primary focus will be to generate new business and meet sales targets where appropriate. You will also form the vital link between the client and the digital team. From the digital team side, you will work closely with the Digital Project Manager, as well as with the CTO and Head of UX. You will also be required to have a strong link with the broader Client Service team. This role is essential in growing and managing our existing digital client portfolio.
Our Digital Sales Executive is responsible for growing revenue while meeting customer needs and will partner with our clients and build long term relationships by providing top quality solutions. It is imperative that you are a hard-working, independent and ambitious person that can take initiative to manage projects within your area of responsibility. With the full support of your line manager, you will often be required to run the day-to-day management alone, moving towards operating independently as you grow in the role and in the company.
This role requires you to manage and grow a portfolio with a mix of clients and to work across brands that may involve finance, agriculture, alcohol, pet nutrition, pharmaceuticals and more; across various digital platforms. We require an individual that thrives on growing a portfolio by acquiring new business and managing varying relationships with different clients, across different companies, simultaneously.
Your primary focus will be on developing new business both through new customer acquisition and selling new applications/solutions into existing customer accounts. You will also be responsible for attaining sales goals and communicating progress to goals and tactics to reach these goals.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Relevant Advertising/ Marketing/ Commerce Degree or Diploma (Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in the digital sector
- Must be au fait with all digital terminology and development terms
- Must have a sound understanding of UX, UI, digital design and know the difference between back-end and front-end development processes
- Must have a sound knowledge of the digital marketing trends and what is possible/ not possible
- Must be able to advise clients on various digital applications and offer the best solution(s) for their requirements
- Must be able to take briefs for the following:
websites, mobile apps, online tools, online newsletters, bulk mail campaigns, online event management systems, invite/RSVP processes and interpret it accurately for the Digital Project Manager/CTO for costing and scoping
- Proven track record of growing a portfolio
- Solid ability to build cohesive relationships with clients
- Be self-motivated and have a keen sense of urgency
- Have attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to go over and above to meet client’s needs
- Be flexible and agile in the management of your work
- Have a high degree of computer literacy; including all MS Office Programs
- Comfortable and eager to work across many different channels
- Solid problem solving skills and able to self-manage
- Grow the portfolio in line with the business plan.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with clients.
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Drive and execute the sales goals.
- Play an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Compile complete digital briefs.
- Engage with clients using the appropriate terminology in order to advise clients on the best digital solution(s) to meet their requirements.
- Compile pipeline reports.
- Keep abreast of new industry developments and add value to clients by creating a need for Hero’s services and portfolio of products.