Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
A fantastic opportunity for a Digital specialist who has Solid eCommerce and Content experience has become available at a highly sought after organisation in the tourism sector. This exciting Cape Town based organisation is looking for a talented Digital eCommerce and Content guru to launch them into the 4th industrial revolution. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the digital space including digital strategy, online content marketing and eCommerce. This will include the maintenance, optimisation, development and commercialisation of the organisation’s current and future digital platforms. The main purpose of this position is to commercialise their digital offering and uphold their reputation as a forward-thinking and leading Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) in the digital space. While technical knowledge is important in this role, the ultimate focus is on the optimisation of digital platforms with the user in mind, in order to recruit new visitors, drive engagement and to ensure that revenue generating opportunities are identified and maximised. As such you will need a solid understanding of the digital landscape. Critical to the success of the role, is the ability to work within a team and to ensure full integration with all areas of the business – Marketing, Visitor Services and Membership Services.
Boarding call for a proudly South African Digital Specialist – don’t miss the boat!
- Developing and implementing the digital strategy that looks at how the company more effectively listens to its customers; curates content; engages with customers and converts them to both visit and generate revenue
- Basing strategies and plans on analytics and insights, with regular monitoring and optimisation along the way
- Overseeing all of the company’s digital platforms in order to ensure that the user experience is optimised, and that all our platforms deliver content excellence and drive revenue
- Identifying partners (commercial/database/content/other), negotiating contracts and managing stakeholder relationships
- Developing campaigns to drive traffic to online platforms for conversation
- Building and maximising domestic and international databases through a robust CRM plan
- Managing our digital agency, freelancers and various suppliers
- Developing metrics that will constantly redefine strategies and tactics, to optimise investment in digital platforms
- Reporting on the performance of all digital platforms
- Managing the digital team with 3 direct reports
- All digital platform maintenance, optimisation and development
- Social media management
- Content strategy, plan, creation and implementation
- Digital campaigns
- Lead generation campaigns
- Digital commercialisation.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A Marketing Degree or equivalent qualification with a strong eMarketing course component
- Experience in eCommerce and monetisation of digital platforms (essential)
- At least 8 years’ related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a Digital Marketing position, including the management of Social Media platforms and campaigns (essential)
- Advanced computer literacy (working knowledge of HTML, Java or any website coding, will be advantageous)
- Knowledge of web analytics (prerequisite)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface in a positive manner with staff, members of the industry, clients and stakeholders
- Strong competency to communicate the digital space in an understandable way to the team
- The ability to take initiative and improvise based on analytics
- The ability to manage a complex team structure with varied deliverables
- Time management and the ability to meet deadlines (essential)
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish personal and team priorities
- The ability to attend events and other off-site functions after hours, if relevant
- A valid Code 08 driver’s license and own transport
- A passion for tourism and a good culture fit.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2732