We are one of South Africa’s leading full-service digital agencies, delivering best-in-class strategy, creative, and technology, as well as the South African office of the international digital agency Digitas Lbi. We work with some of the country’s leading brands including Unilever, Distell, Pioneer Foods, Sanlam. We are experts in the full range of digital disciplines including web, mobile, social, CRM and SEO/SEM.
The agency is young, dynamic and growing rapidly and we are constantly looking for great digital professionals who really want to make a major impact on the digital landscape.
In addition to our client offerings, Liquorice runs one of the most prestigious internship programs in the country. The program takes on the brightest young graduates for a 3 to 6 month paid period (depending on performance) with the goal of giving this talent the skills and experience to create a solid foundation for a successful career anywhere in the world.
We are seeking a Digital Strategist Intern based in Bryanston. You will be working alongside our Digital Strategists and Client Service teams to drive innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies and in-depth, intuitive research presentations for our clients. Excellent attention to detail, strategic thinking and passion for research and critical thinking are key requirements for this position.
You will be will be assisting and learning from our Digital Strategists who ensure highly innovative strategic thinking is applied to clients’ digital plans and helps lead the whole agency to create truly ground-breaking digital strategies. You will also assist the Client Service teams with research, presentation preparation and basic account team administration where needed.
Finally, interns have the opportunity to drive and innovate on internal Liquorice social culture, planning weekly social events for the whole agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the rest of the client team, learning and understanding how a Digital Strategist helps define scope and recommended approach for major digital projects for clients.
- Exposure to an advisory role on client engagements, observing how to be a digital strategy adviser to both account leads (internal) and clients (external).
- Exposure to how to serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with a client’s business goals and objectives.
- Learn how to effectively use research tools to define target audiences and optimize marketing and media plans.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in online advertising, co-marketing/partnership programs and integrated campaigns.
- Researching, identifying and compiling competitive insights to guide and optimize digital marketing efforts.
- Develop effective business communication and client presentation skills; in an agency environment
- Understand traditional marketing principles and how they apply to the digital medium.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Leadership qualities
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and the Internet; specific interactive strategy experience required
- Passionate about research
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and deck writing skills
Confident, positive, friendly and social
- Able to initiate and follow process
- Able to communicate well as they will be interacting with clients
- Have great work ethic and be prepared to go the extra mile
- Able to work well within a team and a fast learner
- Use of initiative
- Problem solving
- Priority setting – organized
- Team player
Degree in an appropriate field.