Super opportunity for an events superstar! A leading financial wealth planning company is on the lookout for an experienced mid to senior financial events aficionado. We’re looking for someone who’s really hands-on, passionate and professional – someone with experience as an Events Manager in the Financial Services realm. Is it you?
- Overall accountability for events strategy, calendar and overall budget including but not limited to: Annual budget, review of contracts and contractual obligations, divisional guidelines, reporting including feedback forms, approval of events, spend management and invoice approval, updating of central calendar (manage conflicts and collaborate where audiences allow), negotiation of corporate rates, banqueting staff feedback, gift ideas, entertainment and guest speaker management.
- Line management of one event coordinator and onsite events management Central co-ordination of agendas, guest lists and other documents required to start the invitation process.
- Final accountability to invitation wording, designs, branding, gifts.
- Evaluate proposals on venue options and cost saving initiatives.
- Put clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in place for coordinator.
- Liaison with industry bodies, advisers and support divisions on CPD points: Ideas on how to improve the current process and make more client centric, complete and regular oversight
- Management and enhancement of internal events system: Briefing of developers, liaison with IT, adherence to the business spec, centralised system roll-out, liaising on divisional requirements
- Liaison with suppliers, team, management, business hubs and internal training: Setting and management of deadlines in line with events guidelines, training to make offices more effective at overall events management
- Onsite event management including comprehensive travel and event representation: Current hands-on events include strategy sessions, work sessions, annual conference, flagship platform event, fiduciary conference and ad-hoc advised client functions.
- Process for delivery and collection of banners, conference material and courier services
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Minimum 7 -10 years’ experience as an Event Manager in Financial Services – essential
- Able to travel frequently
- Flexibility to work long hours
- Obsessive organisational skillsets
- Consistency and attention to detail especially proofreading invitations and venue contractual detail etc.
- Personality and patience in abundance
- Analytical with regards to budget and spend analyses
- Resilience, hard worker, brand loyal
- Bilingual is a bonus
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1193