Are you CA / CIMA qualified with 5 – 7 years’ financial management experience and a retail background?
Want to work for a well-known international footwear brand?
The role is based at their SA office in Cape Town and reports to the GM with a dotted line to the Group CFO.
- Manage all aspects of the finance function and assist with ad-hoc projects for their holding company in SA.
- CA (SA) or CIMA qualified
- 5 – 7 years’ financial management experience
- Retail background ESSENTIAL
- Proven knowledge of Finance and Accounting practices, processes and IFRS
- Registered with a professional body (i.e. SAICA, SAIPA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of South African VAT and income tax laws
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office and Financial Information Management Systems (experience using SAP Business One ideal)
- Ability to summarize business results clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to compile a complex budget
- Team player
- Proven ability in managing and developing a diverse team
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure
- Energetic, highly motivated, pro-active with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- A positive contributor to the business who respects others and maintains confidential all information entrusted to them
- Conducts themselves according to the company Policies and Procedures
- Good verbal and written proficiency is essential
- Sound knowledge of Company and Accounting laws and policies that govern the defined duties
- High business acumen, deadline driven and results orientation
- Full responsibility for the financial accounting function including but not limited to: Nominal ledger; Accounts payable; Accounts receivable; Inventories; Fixed assets and Payroll
- Manage the bookkeeper and other finance staff when applicable, including performance reviews and development of subordinates
- Business partner to the GM, advising the GM on all financial aspects of the business
- Monthly trial balance review
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to Senior Management Team and Executive Committee
- Preparation of the annual budgets
- Preparation for the year end audit
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and revised P&L forecasts
- Managing and ensuring tax compliance including but not limited to: Provisional taxation; VAT; Income taxes and payroll taxes
- Ad hoc projects in the group finance department including but not limited to internal audit project, cash up process reconciliation, integration investigations between Cistech and SAP, process audits and any other special finance related projects
- Responsibility for ensuring all assets are correctly and adequately protected and insured
- Analysing and evaluating the business and proposing opportunities for expense management
- Preparing Retail Store justification models
- Ensuring that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements (statutory payments made on time)
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.